• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your worst experience with alcohol/drugs?

Victor Ian

International Vice-Captain
I was walking down the street on a warm day. After a while, I got to my friends house and he offered me a beer. I drank it. For the next hour we just sat in the sunshine talking crap. Then another friend came along and we shared a joint. Then the three of us sat in the sun talking more crap. Eventually, the first friend's mum called him in to wash the dishes. The other two of us left and walked back to our homes in opposite directions. On the way there was a cat sitting on the front fence of a house painted in pink. I patted the cat and it made purring sounds. I did this for a while, until I saw a car approaching from up the street. I felt odd patting a cat, so I left it and continued walking home.

(not sure how bad I should make this story)

Howe_zat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When I was a youngster I spent an evening drinking in the park with friends. I had to catch the last bus home so left the party to make a wobbly walk through the town centre to the bus stop.

When I reached it a helpful older girl decided to call my dad for me and look after me for a bit. This is because by the time I arrived at the bus stop my face was covered in blood. The girl assumed that I'd been beaten up, but since nothing was stolen it's just as likely that I walked straight into a lamp post. To this day I have no idea what went so wrong.

Never had a bad experience with illegal drugs ftr.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Friend tried to climb out the window after eating a happy pizza. He kept shaking and we had to hold him down on the bed. Not a pleasant experience.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My second wife drank way too much - I didn't know what to do so in my usual way of taking the line of least resistance I just let her get on with it - pretty sure it was the drink that turned her into the haridan she became

Shri

Well, I was the lightweight of the family and tried to compensate to prove everyone wrong and methodically tried to increase my tolerance by getting smashed and eventually got to the point where I could hold my own. Then, I realized I don't even like it as much and pretty much stopped drinking. Back to being a lightweight these days but its good. Haven't tried to get really drunk in over 18 months and I like the odd shot shot of whiskey after dinner to get a buzz.

flibbertyjibber

I went out with a group of workmates but after doing nights and not sleeping I was tired so only had a few pints and went home. I presume my drink was spiked as I was all over the place and have no memory of an hour or so which it took me to get home (normally took 15 minutes) and according to my housemate when I got in I was crying, shaking and my legs were like jelly. He put me to bed and I slept for 15 hours. No idea to this day what it was but a lesson was learnt not to take your eye off your drink ever unless you with real true friends.

social

Hall of Fame Member
I went out with a group of workmates but after doing nights and not sleeping I was tired so only had a few pints and went home. I presume my drink was spiked as I was all over the place and have no memory of an hour or so which it took me to get home (normally took 15 minutes) and according to my housemate when I got in I was crying, shaking and my legs were like jelly. He put me to bed and I slept for 15 hours. No idea to this day what it was but a lesson was learnt not to take your eye off your drink ever unless you with real true friends.
Similar story

Went to a bar with a few mates and ran into some girls that I knew as I walked in the door

Next thing I knew, one of the girls was waking me up in a park across the road from my place which was about 5ks away from the bar

She suspected something was wrong as I had lasted about 15 minutes,one drink and had left everything (wallet, phone, keys,etc) on the table and not returned so spent the next few hours looking for me before stumbling across me

I remember nothing and can only assume that I was given a drink meant for one of the girls

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

International Coach
It was the evening after mid summer night in Sweden. We went to a bar made out of docked ship and the view was great from inside. We had some norlands guld (swedish beer); probably 3 or 4 each of us five friends. After some time one russian and one ukrainian girl, both were friends, joined us with a big jug full of norlands guld. We started chatting and finished probably 2 more jugs (i cant remember). Then we had shots of vodka. Then after a while the Ukrainian girl stood up and started chanting Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine in loud voice. The bar owner came and we calmed her down. Then again she started screaming Ukraine, Ukraine... the bar owner came and told us all to leave because maybe we were also chaotic (dont remember exactly). We all got up and decided to leave but the girl would not. She was out of control and her russian friend got very scared at that moment. So we decided to stay and help her to get her friend out of the bar. We were standing very close near the railings of the ship. At one point while continuing screaming and moving waywardly the girl fell off the ship right into the lake. One of my friends (who was also very drunk) jumped after her to save her and the owner threw a raft like thing towards them and my friend got hold of her and the raft. Police was called afterwards and we had to sit for a long session and explain exactly what happened to the police.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
Greened right out once. And I was literally convinced time wasn't moving at all, and I thought I might've been dead and unable to move. It freaked me right out.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Greened right out once. And I was literally convinced time wasn't moving at all, and I thought I might've been dead and unable to move. It freaked me right out.
Yeah on average my weed experiences have been much tamer/more pleasant than alcoholic experiences, but the worst by far was a night where I severely misjudged how much of a brownie I should eat. Sounds like a similar experience. I was conscious but unable to move and utterly convinced I was experiencing the beginning of the apocalypse. Lasted for a couple of hours too.

mr_mister

Hall of Fame Member
diagnosed with drug induced psychosis that led to a 2 week stint in an acute mental ward and many months after of needing to take anti-psychotic medication

basically i smoked weed, all day every day(except when I was at work, but I would still smoke a few cones every morning before I left) for a 2 year period and I ended up quite delusional, depressed and malnourished. I lost a good 15kg, there were no more munchies I was basically a crack addict, really lived for the billy. also was just saying weird things to people and had kind of made up in my head new realities. i thought all my friends hate me for no reason and burned a few bridges

I don't smoke anymore and now I'm semi-normal

Last edited:

Shri

diagnosed with drug induced psychosis that led to a 2 week stint in an acute mental ward and many months after of needing to take anti-psychotic medication

basically i smoked weed, all day every day(except when I was at work, but I would still smoke a few cones every morning before I left) for a 2 year period and I ended up quite delusional, depressed and malnourished. I lost a good 15kg, there were no more munchies I was basically a crack addict, really lived for the billy. also was just saying weird things to people and had kind of made up in my head new realities. i thought all my friends hate me for no reason and burned a few bridges

I don't smoke anymore and now I'm semi-normal
I didn't smoke as much and trust me, I am way worse and awkward.

mr_mister

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, weed really isn't as harmless as it's made out to be. or maybe it is for some people, but it can be dangerous for those prone to overthinking or those with a history of mental illness in their family.

it's pretty easy to abuse (since there's no real hangover, last thing i feel like doing after a night of drinking is more drinking, but the easiest thing in the world to do after a night of smoking is some morning smoking) and some people's brains just can't handle it.

glad to see someone else has had issues with it people normally just go 'huh? weed did that to you?' when i share the story

and RTB, yeah the free time I have now is a side product of that stint in a mental ward. Quit my job and really reevaluted my life after it, this was only in 2014. became a nursing student and now I just live on youth allowance for the time being, really couldn't handle the workplace for a while

Last edited: