• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

~What Is This Cricket Stadium Famous For?~

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Providence Stadium, Guyana- Malinga's four wickets in 4 balls

Chinnasamy Stadium, India- Bangladesh infamous '2 off 3 balls' lost

Kensington Oval, Barbados- Lara's 153*

Albion Sports Complex, Guyana- where it all started for Kapil Dev and his Indian team in pursuit of WC 1983 triumph.

More to come...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Providence Stadium, Guyana- Malinga's four wickets in 4 balls

Chinnasamy Stadium, India- Bangladesh infamous '2 off 3 balls' lost

Kensington Oval, Barbados- Lara's 153*

Albion Sports Complex, Guyana- where it all started for Kapil Dev and his Indian team in pursuit of WC 1983 triumph.

More to come...
Was that Berbice?

SillyCowCorner1

Come on Aussies, Indians, and Englishmen.

You guys have a lot of cricket history in you respectI've stadiums. Let them out.

Post some nah mon.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Chennai - The tied test, the 194, THAT India-Pak test, The 300s... If I am not wrong, its the only ground in India where a batsman has scored 300?

EDIT: Forgot to add all the awesome Sachin and Dhoni knocks here as well. And a fun WC QF in 1996. My personal highlight though, will always be a JAMODI against Windies just before the 2007 WC, when Lara decided to show off his genius and Chepauk was all the better for it. :)

Last edited:

vcs

Chennai - The tied test, the 194, THAT India-Pak test, The 300s... If I am not wrong, its the only ground in India where a batsman has scored 300?
I totally forgot about Karun Nair's knock last year LOL. I wonder when he'll get another shot in Tests, with the selectors pushing for Pandya.

vcs

The Padang - Fastest ODI 50 (at the time) by Sanath Jayasuriya
Was that the one (Singer Cup), where Jayasuriya and Kaluwitharana had a 70+ partnership, which was broken by Kalu getting out for a duck? I think it was against Pakistan.

Daemon

Was that the one (Singer Cup), where Jayasuriya and Kaluwitharana had a 70+ partnership, which was broken by Kalu getting out for a duck? I think it was against Pakistan.
Haha yep. Sri Lanka's first wicket fell at 70, with Kaluwitharana being dismissed for 0. Jayasuriya had 66 not out and there were 4 extras.

Also at the Padang was the fastest hundred at the time (48 balls) from Jayasuriya as well. Aamir Sohail also went for 29 in an over which was the record at the time.

Great ground, shame international cricket hasn't come back.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Gaddafi Stadium - Lahore: the least wankerish performance ever.

MCG - the first test match

Last edited:

vcs

Haha yep. Sri Lanka's first wicket fell at 70, with Kaluwitharana being dismissed for 0. Jayasuriya had 66 not out and there were 4 extras.

Also at the Padang was the fastest hundred at the time (48 balls) from Jayasuriya as well. Aamir Sohail also went for 29 in an over which was the record at the time.

I looked up the scorecard of that match, saw that Sri Lanka actually managed to lose it after that start, while chasing only 215 or something. What a weird match.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Looks great. Wiki informs me that 'the Padang' literally just translates as 'the field' which means it misses out on having even a halfway decent name tho

Daemon

Looks great. Wiki informs me that 'the Padang' literally just translates as 'the field' which means it misses out on having even a halfway decent name tho
The club that owns it is called the Singapore Cricket Club - equally unimaginative

My favourite club name has to be the Little Sai Wan CC. I like to imagine all their players are about 4 feet tall.