• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are your chances of being alive in March 2077?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll be a month shy of my 100th. If I'm still kicking I'll go to the bicentenary test

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
This is a very discreet way of conducting a census.
The thread came about because I was watching a piece about cricket in the 70’s and during an interview about his selection for the Centenary Test David Hookes commented that he wouldn’t be around for the Bi-Centenary. There will be people who live through both (total biotic crisis notwithstanding). But at the time there weren’t many who were alive then who still will be. But there are now millions alive who will be - probably some still posting on Cricket Web.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Would TPC ton up in this game given he'd be 88 and past his best?
The incumbent top batsman of that era would ask TPC this question and he would reply, I would average only 88 today as I am already 88.