• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies v Bangladesh at the Magnificent Sharjah Cricket Stadium, WIN OR GO HOME-- 23rd Match, 10/29 Friday (D)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Too many fat ****s abused the runner provision.

Well, at least Shakib can have a leisurely hobble back to the dressing room now.

Aritro

International Regular
Cricket's the only sport I can think of where you go a man down when someone's injured mid-game. It shouldn't be possible for a team to be all but defeated when someone gets injured during an athletic contest.

Bring back the runner in that case. A fat **** stealing a very small number of runs he couldn't have run himself isn't enough reason to do away with it.

Victor Ian

International Coach
A fat **** stealing a very small number of runs he couldn't have run himself isn't enough reason to do away with it.
Yes it is. Part of batting is dealing with the fatigue.

a number of sports have injury being the death knell. Tennis, Beach Volleyball, to name a couple.

Aritro

International Regular

a number of sports have injury being the death knell. Tennis, Beach Volleyball, to name a couple.
Lol, yeah "team sports", I probably should have clarified. Obviously if you're the only tennis player, and you get injured, it's tough to bring in a replacement.

Although I suppose you meant doubles?

Otherwise we could include the sprints, long-jump, high-jump, shotput... the luge as well. Also the skeleton. Fortunately, the latter is not a particularly dangerous sport so it would never happen.

1635511195336.png

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

You'll probably find that those sports allowing injury subs usually allow regular subs as well. Cricket simply isn't conducted the same way as the football codes, baseball or basketball, all of which have substitutions as a regular feature, not just for injuries.

Aritro

International Regular
I still can't decide if Akeal Hosein is good or ****. Not much can be read into what we make him look like either.