• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Sri Lanka, November/December 2021

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
yip it could be.
it could also be that they get absolutely trolleyed.
Chances are Jayawickrama and Mendis likely to be, because they are bowlers who give it air and bowl slowly. However Embuldeniya is a different beast. There is inherent difficulty in hitting him because of the bounce, and he can crank it up to 100k due to his large frame. Embuldeniya on a track with variable bounce will not be fun.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Why Nicholas Pooran is not playing tests?
Because his white ball schedule doesn;t allow him to play red ball cricket and our selectors are completely unwilling to innovate even when they have nothing to lose.

Pooran and Hetmeyer are two excellent players of spin. I refuse to believe they would do worse than this lot.

Beamer

Well this isn't going well is it? Have the Windies spinners failed to take advantage of the turn this innings or is it a pretty flat deck?
Just a terrible performance from us this test all around tbh. Bowling on day 1 was average, improved on day 2 and since then the batting and bowling has been dreadful.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty limp from West Indies. Conditions that completely nullify them. As much as I want Cornwall to do well, he keeps getting out-bowled by semi bowlers. Bowling doesn't have enough zip. Bowling overall was too sloppy to keep up unfortunately. And let's not mention the batting.

Beamer

Pretty limp from West Indies. Conditions that completely nullify them. As much as I want Cornwall to do well, he keeps getting out-bowled by semi bowlers. Bowling doesn't have enough zip. Bowling overall was too sloppy to keep up unfortunately. And let's not mention the batting.
We are pretty close to useless with the kookaburra ball as it nullifies are bowling attack and our batting is useless no matter what ball is used.

We desperately need a 4 day season to widen the pool of batsmen they can select. I think that is happening early next year. As discussed, it would also help if they just gave Hety and Pooran a run. I'm just so fed up of the same names stinking up the place. Roston Chase has been utterly useless for over 3 years, as has Shai, as has Kraigg. Selecting Chase because he bowls some half decent offies and burgles a few wickets here and there (but still averages over 40) is pointless.

Next test will be more of the same, but for me it would be:

Kraigg
Solozano
Bonner
Blackwood
Mayers
Da Silva
Holder
Cornwall
Warrican
Permaul
Seales/Roach/Gabriel

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
what do you have to lose at this stage?
I honestly don't mind Mayers and Bonner. They shouldnt be dropped yet. kraigg is skipper, Blackwood has the best average, then there's holder who cant be dropped either.

The bowling in this match was just as poor as the batting

Beamer

I honestly don't mind Mayers and Bonner. They shouldnt be dropped yet. kraigg is skipper, Blackwood has the best average, then there's holder who cant be dropped either.

The bowling in this match was just as poor as the batting
The bowling was bad but has mostly been pretty good over the last 3 years. We have a problem with the kookaburra ball that needs addressing, but we have something to work with. I do prefer it when we have more pace to offer though, I wouldn;t be leaving Jayden Seales out, for example.

I'm at the point where I've just had enough of this lot. If I were chief selector, this would be my team:

Kraigg Braithwaite (patience running out)
Evin Lewis (nothing to lose, clearly has more talent)
Nkrumah Bonner
Nicholas Pooran (lets see what he's got)
Jermaine Blackwood (if no improvement, Hety comes in)
Kyle Mayers
Jason Holder
Joshua Da Silva
Rakheem Cornwall (though he also needs to improve)
Kemar Roach/Shannon Gabriel/Warrican/Permaul (Roach with Dukes, Gabriel with Kookaburra, spinner sometimes)
Jayden Seales

WICFan

U19 Captain
I'd like to see Lewis and Pooran try their hand at the longer format too.

They desperately need to get the FC Season back up and running in February.

Hetmyer for some time now is batting too rashly, getting out to shots he knows himself isn't there but keeps doing it. Much could be said the same for the likes of Blackwood.

Chase has went from looking like a decent middle-order batsman to becoming a bits n pieces cricketer.