• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies not qualifying for this 20 20 world cup

slippy888

International Vice-Captain
Where did it all go wrong guys i have not even see a thread about this, the talent and players are some of the best in the world in this format. Maybe Pooran not a good captain and maybe someone like Royston Chase a calm cool guy better option for a few years.

loterry1994

School Boy/Girl Captain
There batting has always been there weak point for ages now. Even though it’s t20 they just want to blast it from ball 1 and not really build an innings and seems like most teams can bowl them under 140 runs. And also I don’t think it was smart to drop their more experienced guys like Andre Russell. I think there test side is improving a lot though.

Last edited:

Socerer 01

First Class Debutant
Where did it all go wrong guys i have not even see a thread about this, the talent and players are some of the best in the world in this format. Maybe Pooran not a good captain and maybe someone like Royston Chase a calm cool guy better option for a few years.
No to the first, no to the second, no to the third, no to the fourth and no to the fifth

how can you get everything so wrongly

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
Can't play spin bowling , West Indies have gotten progressively worse against spin on any surface , this was exploited by Scotland and Ireland with Watt and Delaney respectively..

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Can't play spin bowling , West Indies have gotten progressively worse against spin on any surface , this was exploited by Scotland and Ireland with Watt and Delaney respectively..
Yep this, even ordinary spin bowling works against us. A massive inability to rotate the strike is endemic in the region. Watching our List A tournament at the moment, this doesn;t look like improving anytime soon.