• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Greetings all!

I joined this impressive site just 5 days ago and should have probably made myself known here earlier.

I was born in England during WWII and my early cricketing heroes were Len Hutton, Dennis Compton, Keith Miller and, later, Fred Trueman. My family moved to Australia in 1954 but I continued supporting England whenever my two countries met.
I didn't start playing until I was in my mid-twenties but played over 270 club games and had the pleasure of playing with and against a number of first class and Test players. I retired when I hit 50 (a bit long in the tooth to be opening bowling) and took up umpiring and, once again, met a few big names.

I must warn fellow members, I can be a bit opinionated at times but I hope I can remain diplomatic enough not to tread on any toes.

Cheers.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Welcome L&L from another relative newbie. You seem to be off to a fine start.

Don't worry about being opinionated or treading on the odd toe here and there, the trick is not to mind too much when the boot is on the other foot (and, err, on your toe) sometimes.

Hello my name is Michelle..I have been a cricket fan since my father showed me the world cup final.

I have read forum for a while..finally brave enough to post. :) :)

iPankajKhanna

Cricket Spectator
Hi All,

This is Pankaj. I am from New Delhi, India. I am a Software Engineer by profession but also a cricket enthusiast, analyst and writer. I am an avid reader, a researcher on consciousness and I write about cricket and spirituality on my website HighwayTimes.com. I also tweet about cricket on my handle - @iPankajKhanna

In this short essay "Virat Kohli’s Time of Reckoning Down Under" on my website HighwayTimes, I have written about Virat Kohli's captaincy skills or the lack of it. Whenever cricket resumes he still has a lot to prove when it comes to his leadership if he has to retain his position.

Virat Kohli's Time of Reckoning Down Under

Regards,
Pankaj Khanna
Twitter: @iPankajKhanna

Last edited:

Sharmini

Cricket Spectator
Iam a true cricket tragic.I live in Sydney. Love Freddie as well.His sportsmanship was exemplary.I love the history & stats of the game & have 437 cricket books
Min
I'm four_or_six, I've always been surrounded by cricket as long as I can remember, TV, radio, watching and playing club cricket. I used to play a bit but stopped when I was at uni, and I wasn't really that good. I just liked keeping wicket. So now I just watch and bore people to death waffling on about it.

And I'm a girl, but don't hold it against me. :)

Sharmini

Cricket Spectator
I'm four_or_six, I've always been surrounded by cricket as long as I can remember, TV, radio, watching and playing club cricket. I used to play a bit but stopped when I was at uni, and I wasn't really that good. I just liked keeping wicket. So now I just watch and bore people to death waffling on about it.

And I'm a girl, but don't hold it against me. :)
Iam a girl too & love my cricket

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm Martyn, but you can call me GIMH. I'm not as old as I look but older than I act. Hi.

Some things that will help you understand my posts - I am unashamedly biased to the England cricket team, Andrew Flintoff walks on water and I love world-class all-rounders hence the Broad/Swann love in my signature who are unmatched amongst their peers. Aside from cricket I enjoy football, you'll also catch me stalking the wrestling thread if you venture outside of CC.
Welcome mate and happy new year