• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

weirdest scorecards

Shady Slim

International Coach
so i have stumbled across this game and it's absolutely absurd

1st Test: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Galle, Jul 4-7, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

there is so much absurdity in this scorecard i don't know where to begin

what are the strangest looking scorecards you've seen?

the reason i say scorecard is bc u can have perfectly crazy matches with normal looking scorecards, say pakistan and their collapse against the kiwis a couple of months ago

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure what I'm missing here........what's especially absurd about that scorecard?

I did notice this though which is kinda cool......

Test debuts - Abdur Rauf, Mohammad Amir and Saeed Ajmal (Pakistan); AD Mathews (Sri Lanka)
Dunno anything about Rauf, but the other three are pretty notable debutants.

Shady Slim

International Coach
cook took a single wicket and it was ishant sharma

younis took a for fer for the game, including dilshan as keeper (which he did on occasion) and rangana as an opening night watchman the next morning, and took them bowling second change

pakistan managed to completely and totally pakistan a fairly well restricted game, first levelling the sri lanka total with five wickets left then only leading by just fifty

they proceeded to bowl sri lanka out for a small total, before lollapsing in amazing fashion to his roundness with the highest score in the inns being 28: and then the sundries second

misbah's run out too is the stuff of T20

and then you've got other novelties like angelo batting at seven and eight and sri lanka actually batting deep, yousuf's runout a bit of a joke too

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure what I'm missing here........what's especially absurd about that scorecard?

I did notice this though which is kinda cool......

Dunno anything about Rauf, but the other three are pretty notable debutants.
Rauf dropped Watson on 99 to give him his first test 100 after falling in the 90s three times earlier in the summer

Rauf never played again

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i get pretty mad because you've gotta post the picture

said it before but finch and carters managing to face almost the exact same amount of deliveries is the most amazing thing about it to me

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glenn Maxwell opening the bowling and the batting in a test match:

4th Test: India v Australia at Delhi, Mar 22-24, 2013 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

The scorecard as a whole isn't weird but Kyle Mills coming to bat at 3 (not as a nightwatchman) to face Ntini/Steyn/Pollock is certainly something that catches the eye

1st Test: South Africa v New Zealand at Centurion, Apr 15-19, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

A West Indies team with Walcott, Lloys and Basil Butcher being bundled out for 25 allout by a bunch of no-name Irishmen

Ireland v West Indians at Sion Mills, Jul 2, 1969 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

And, obviously: