• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weirdest Bowling action??

Langeveldt

Soutie
Come on, who do you think has the strangest bowling action in cricket. My vote goes to Paul Adams (SA). That one doesnt need explaining.

Any others spring to mind?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
can anyone tell me what Chris Harris bowls? Im confused whenever I see him, just like the batsmen
Right Arm Medium, though he bowled sorta leg-cutters a lot lately.

Kimbo

International Debutant
he bowls dibbly dobbly. yea, like rik said, he bowls a few cutters, just takes the pace off the ball really.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, well that six Bond hit up into the upper west stand must be one of the biggest 6's seen at Eden Park ever. I think in the time that i've watched ODI cricket i've only seen it happen one either time and I think it was Darryl Cullinan who just got it to sneak over the first row.

Langeveldt

Soutie
You have a thing for Bond dont you!
A bit like my Kallis obsession at the moment, and my hatred for Steve Harmisons short pitched ways...

Kimbo

International Debutant
cant help but love bonds last innings.
i cant think of any other really odd bowling actions...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Sunil Havascar said:
cant help but love bonds last innings.
i cant think of any other really odd bowling actions...
Murali...:rolleyes:

Butcher's is odd, he looks like he's about to fall over while he is delivering the ball. Jimmy Adams' run up is odd...how he does those 2 hops I'll never know, I sure as hell can't, and Jayasuria's with all his twirls...can't copy that either :lol:

Kimbo

International Debutant
harbajan's windmill arms are quite odd. mills and kirtley have the whole chucking thing going.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Sunil Havascar said:
harbajan's windmill arms are quite odd. mills and kirtley have the whole chucking thing going.
Errrm...Kirtley doesn't chuck...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been watching Mills's action a little & going and seeing him bowl at CHCH & Queenstown has helped.

He has a very whippy action & infact Kirtley release action is identical to that of Mills. The first thing you notice when Mills & Kirtley bowl is their action & I think there are still some technical issues to be sorted out however I know Mills has definately improved from the ICC Tournament where he definately had a problem, its not so bad now & from what I can gather Kirtley has improved alot aswell.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Kirtley has a hyperextending right elbow like with Shoaib. Most bowlers with whippy actions have their actions scrutinised.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
There was a guy by the name of Meckiff (sp?), not sure though about the name, who had the weirdest action. Before him the no ball rule was for the back foot, but his action was so unusual that his back foot would be just close to the crease, but the front foot and body would be half way down the pitch. This prompted the change of rule.

About the biggest six in eden park, in WC92 Inzimam hit a six into the wind, which I think was one of the hardest I have seen anyone hit the ball. Its power could be gauged by the fact that it was so windy, that Ramiz hit one in the beginning of the innings, which looked like a big hit, one of those which would have gone one bounce into the fence on normal days, but it just barely went to mid-on who took an easy catch. Inzi's six was on Chris Harris I think.

Maybe this thread can prompt another...most beautiful action...unless we havent already done that?

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Abdul Qadir...weirdest or beautiful?

I dont think I have seen a better bowling action than Qadir. It was like poetry in motion, every movement had a purpose, the follow through, the run up, heck even the way he appealed, pure elegance. I dont think there hasnt been a better slow bowler's action (none that I have seen atleast), in the tactics department he was lacking, where Warne has an edge, but techincally there is no comparison, anything that a legspinner can do, Qadir could do better than anyone.