• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weird Drinking out of the wrong instrument?

Is it weird drinking out of the wrong drinking instrument?

  • Urgh Yes.. Drives me crazy!!!

    Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Hell No.. The stuff inside it's still the same..

    Votes: 3 33.3%

  • Total voters
    9

Shounak

Banned
Is it weird drinking out of something that the particular drink wasn't intended for?

Is it just me or does it feel weird drinking water, juice, beer, cordial out of a coffee mug. It feels just as weird drinking coffee out of a normal glass. Even when they are heat tempered Latte glasses, different story if it's a Latte though..

Thoughts?
 
Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
At Costa we have to now serve latte's in a glass, I don't do it out of principle, and because I am old school.. And I don't want customers to see that they are paying nearly £2 for a glass of warm milk..

I'm not really fussy what I drink out of usually though..
 

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It does seem a bit different. Like when you dye water blue or something, and it seems to taste different.
 

Shounak

Banned
They sold green ketchup at the supermarkets here.. Was a novelty item for the kids..

I personally didn't notice any difference..

But I did notice huge differences with the food colouring in water.

We had Pepsi Blue.. It was just weird.. Not what you'd expect a blue coloured drink to taste like..
 

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
It does seem a bit different. Like when you dye water blue or something, and it seems to taste different.
It probably tastes like water mixed with food dye. Unless you dye it with paint, in which case it probably tastes like you shouldn't be drinking it.
 

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
It probably tastes like water mixed with food dye. Unless you dye it with paint, in which case it probably tastes like you shouldn't be drinking it.
:laugh::laugh:

It was tasteless dye!
 

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
As insignificant as it is, Shounak has got this 100% right. I can't drink things in the wrong type of cup/glass. Also, I always have to eat my ceral in a particular type of bowl, same with yoghurt.
 

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
It's true, I had soft drink out of a coffee mug and it seemed a bit weird, sort of like.. you know when you go to the toilet, and you forget to put the seat up... nah Im joking, seriously, who does that?

Also - I've had green tomato sauce, it tastes no different but it seems disgusting (as Rich said).

They taste exactly the same, but generally you expect tomato sauce to be red.. haha it's funny because most tomato sauce is probably a weird grey colour until it gets savaged by artificial colour additives.
 

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
It's true, I had soft drink out of a coffee mug and it seemed a bit weird, sort of like.. you know when you go to the toilet, and you forget to put the seat up... nah Im joking, seriously, who does that?

Also - I've had green tomato sauce, it tastes no different but it seems disgusting (as Rich said).

They taste exactly the same, but generally you expect tomato sauce to be red.. haha it's funny because most tomato sauce is probably a weird grey colour until it gets savaged by artificial colour additives.
At first I read that as "You know when you go to the toilet and you forget to put the seat down."

I was wondering how often mouth-on-porcelain is a problem for you.
 

Top