• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WCL Div 8

Who will win the WCL Div 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jashan83

U19 Captain
3. Kuwait has won. They smashed Suriname in a bad way. Finished a 100 over game in 40 overs :laugh:
Germany had a close match with Zambia. Won by Just 11 Runs

Score:- Germany 128 All Out defeat Zambia 117 All Out

Vanuatu a Nation where cricket is most popular thrashed Bhutan

Score:- Vanuatu 337/9 defeat Bhutan 55 All Out.by 282 Runs

jashan83

U19 Captain
Tomorrow's matches

Match 1:- Bahamas V Zambia (My Fav is Zambia)
Match 2:- Bhutan V Suriname (My Fav is Bhutan)
Match 3:- Germany V Gibraltar(My Fav is Germany)
Match 4:- Kuwait V Vanuatu (My Fav is Vanuatu though due to home advantage even Kuwait can win)

jashan83

U19 Captain
Points after Day 1

Group A

Kuwait.........1 ..1 ...0 ....0 ....0 ....2 ....+9.224 ....77/7.1 .....76/50.0
Vanuatu.......1 ..1 ...0 ....0 ....0 ....2 ....+5.640 ....337/50.0 .....55/50.0
Bhutan.........1 ..0 ...1 ....0 ....0 ....0 ....-5.640 ....55/50.0 .....337/50.0
Suriname.....1 ..0 ...1 ....0 ....0 ....0 ....-9.224 ....76/50.0 .....77/7.1

Last edited:

jashan83

U19 Captain
Points after Day 1

Group B

Teams.......Mat...Won....Lost...Tied.....N/R....Pts.......Net RR........For............Against
Bahamas...1.......1.........0........0........0........2..........+0.608.........215/44.1....213/50.0
Germany...1........1........0........0.........0.......2...........+0.220........128/50.0.....117/50.0
Zambia......1........0........1........0.........0.......0...........-0.220.........117/50.0.....128/50.0
Gibraltar....1........0........1........0.........0.......0............-0.608.........213/50.0.....215/44.1

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Lol. My vote for Bhutan badly misplaced.

Should have done the research. Well played Vanuatu, Kuwait should be better though.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Lol. My vote for Bhutan badly misplaced.

Should have done the research. Well played Vanuatu, Kuwait should be better though.
Bhutan are even lucky to be playing in this tournament. The better teams are Saudi Arabia/ Qatar. Again sense less qualification choice.

I think Kuwait should win this tournament quite easily cause of home adv but their closest competition should be from the team I support Vanuatu.

Vanuatu has got talent, all local born players, young (most of them are below 25). Above all the nation is Cricket Crazy. Its so nice to see a sponsor (Degi Cell) for Div 8 team.

I really wish to see both Vanuatu & Kuwait qualify, which they should without too much hard work. Predicting Bahamas to come 3rd n remain in Div 8 tournament.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Bhutan are even lucky to be playing in this tournament. The better teams are Saudi Arabia/ Qatar. Again sense less qualification choice.

I think Kuwait should win this tournament quite easily cause of home adv but their closest competition should be from the team I support Vanuatu.

Vanuatu has got talent, all local born players, young (most of them are below 25). Above all the nation is Cricket Crazy. Its so nice to see a sponsor (Degi Cell) for Div 8 team.

I really wish to see both Vanuatu & Kuwait qualify, which they should without too much hard work. Predicting Bahamas to come 3rd n remain in Div 8 tournament.
Hey Laksh but one thing good about Bhutan is like Vanuatu, Nepal & Bermuda is they have all local talent. They do not import talent from outside. The same case is also there for Suriname & Bahamas. Rest all Kuwait, Gibraltar, Germany, Zambia have got players who are born outside the nation.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Hey Laksh but one thing good about Bhutan is like Vanuatu, Nepal & Bermuda is they have all local talent. They do not import talent from outside. The same case is also there for Suriname & Bahamas. Rest all Kuwait, Gibraltar, Germany, Zambia have got players who are born outside the nation.
Agreed but Bhutan are not even close to Qatar n Saudi to accept in that terms too...

jashan83

U19 Captain
Agreed but Bhutan are not even close to Qatar n Saudi to accept in that terms too...
Yes as a team they are quite weak. Saudi Arabia defeated UAE in an ACC tournament, while Bhutan faced their Nadir against UAE. But Saudi Arabia and Qatar did not participate in ACC trophy. There was one spot for Asia and Bhutan it off.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Kuwait look to really Strong. Yesterday they just smashed Suriname.

Vanuatu which had smashed Bhutan so badly are now getting smashed by Kuwait. Kuwait made 401 in 50 Overs and now Vanuatu are just 24/1 in 10 overs.

Meanwhile Germany look strong. They Made 353 Today. While the other matches are close one's. Nice interesting tournament.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Yes as a team they are quite weak. Saudi Arabia defeated UAE in an ACC tournament, while Bhutan faced their Nadir against UAE. But Saudi Arabia and Qatar did not participate in ACC trophy. There was one spot for Asia and Bhutan it off.
They did partispate. This is how Bhutan got selected:

ACC Elite relegates the bottom 2 teams wen the top 2 from ACC challenge get promoted.

So bottom 2 teams from ACC Elite 2008 were: Saudi & Qatar, And the top 2 from ACC challange 2009 were: Oman & Bhutan. So by the point Bhutan were selected Saudi & Qatar were ranked above them. But wat ICC saw was which team in the Elite trophy were not playing in the global divs, so there comes pops up the name of Bhutan who could have easily been thrashed if there was a playoff between Bhutan, Qatar & Saudi.

To make it more clear: Ranking at that point was:
1) Hong Kong
2) UAE
3) Afghanistan
4) Nepal
5) Singapore
6) Malaysia
7) Bahrain
8) Kuwait
9) Qatar
10) Saudi Arabia

Challenge Trophy 2009:
11) Oman
12) Bhutan
13) Maldives
14) Thailand
15) Iran
16) Brunei
17) China
18) Mynamar

So, the place actually belongs to QATAR.

To avoid these confusions I prefer this format. Which is more fiercely competitive:

Asia Cup:
1) India
2) Sri Lanka
3) Pakistan
4) Bangladesh
5) Winner Div 1
6) Runner Up Div 1

ACC Div 1:
1) Afghanistan
2) UAE
3) Hong Kong
4) Oman
5) Winner Div 2
6) Runner Up Div 2

ACC Div 2:
1) Nepal
2) Singapore
3) Malaysia
4) Bahrain
5) Winner Div 3
6) Runner Up Div 3

ACC Div 3:
1) Kuwait
2) Qatar
3) Saudi Arabia
4) Bhutan
5) Winner Div 4
6) Runner Up Div 4

ACC Div 4:
1) Maldives
2) Thailand
3) Iran
4) Brunei
5) China
6) Mynamar

Last edited:

jashan83

U19 Captain
They did partispate. This is how Bhutan got selected:

ACC Elite relegates the bottom 2 teams wen the top 2 from ACC challenge get promoted.

So bottom 2 teams from ACC Elite 2008 were: Saudi & Qatar, And the top 2 from ACC challange 2009 were: Oman & Bhutan. So by the point Bhutan were selected Saudi & Qatar were ranked above them. But wat ICC saw was which team in the Elite trophy were not playing in the global divs, so there comes pops up the name of Bhutan who could have easily been thrashed if there was a playoff between Bhutan, Qatar & Saudi.

To make it more clear: Ranking at that point was:
1) Hong Kong
2) UAE
3) Afghanistan
4) Nepal
5) Singapore
6) Malaysia
7) Bahrain
8) Kuwait
9) Qatar
10) Saudi Arabia

Challenge Trophy 2009:
11) Oman
12) Bhutan
13) Maldives
14) Thailand
15) Iran
16) Brunei
17) China
18) Mynamar

So, the place actually belongs to QATAR.

To avoid these confusions I prefer this format. Which is more fiercely competitive:

Asia Cup:
1) India
2) Sri Lanka
3) Pakistan
4) Bangladesh
5) Winner Div 1
6) Runner Up Div 1

ACC Div 1:
1) Afghanistan
2) UAE
3) Hong Kong
4) Oman
5) Winner Div 2
6) Runner Up Div 2

ACC Div 2:
1) Nepal
2) Singapore
3) Malaysia
4) Bahrain
5) Winner Div 3
6) Runner Up Div 3

ACC Div 3:
1) Kuwait
2) Qatar
3) Saudi Arabia
4) Bhutan
5) Winner Div 4
6) Runner Up Div 4

ACC Div 4:
1) Maldives
2) Thailand
3) Iran
4) Brunei
5) China
6) Mynamar
Laksh I back your proposal. If u have to be competitive u need to have such a structure in Asia also. Europe already has it

jashan83

U19 Captain
The final line are Drawn

Final
Kuwait v Germany (My pick is Kuwait)

3rd position
Zambia V Vanuatu(They played like ****s today): My pick Zambia

5th Position
Suriname V Gibraltar (Both teams who came last in the group won the 5th place SF): My pick Suriname

7th Position
Bahamas V Bhutan (My pick. Very difficult. Brain says Bahamas, and heart says Bhutan)

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
The final line are Drawn

Final
Kuwait v Germany (My pick is Kuwait)

3rd position
Zambia V Vanuatu(They played like ****s today): My pick Zambia

5th Position
Suriname V Gibraltar (Both teams who came last in the group won the 5th place SF): My pick Suriname

7th Position
Bahamas V Bhutan (My pick. Very difficult. Brain says Bahamas, and heart says Bhutan)
Mine:
Kuwait
Vanuatu
Suriname
Bahamas