• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was the pitch UNFAIR for England? Should India be SANCTIONED for the pitch?

• Thread starter Deleted member 37658
  • Start date

Was the pitch produced unfair?

• Yes, the pitch was unfair

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No, the pitch was fine

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
A pitch is what it is ... good or not so good. Rather than regarding it as unfair to one side, I see some pitches make winning the toss more important than others.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't think it was unfair on England, but it wasn't a good deck.

One expects to see Indian wickets take some turn, but the ball was going through the surface from day one.

England lost because India outbatted and outbowled us. For me Rohit's knock was the major difference between the two sides. When Kohli went India were 80-odd for 3, but by the time Sharma went India had added another 160 runs.

It wasn't necessarily a match winning knock at that point, but it always felt like it could well be.

That England's top 3 are gash against spin isn't the fault of the pitch, it merely exaggerated the problems.

Chrish

International Debutant
Voted yes just because I could. Was expecting far more yes votes considering this is a troll thread.

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi all,

I am very interested to know what you all think about the pitch used between India and England in the 2nd test match.

People like Michael Vaughan, Simon Hughes and Jonathan Agnew have all criticized the pitch and Simon Hughes has suggested that India should be fined WTC points, because of it.

However, Monty Panesar and Graeme Swann have all defended the pitch.

My views: the pitch was perfectly fine and acceptable. Each country produces its own pitch, each country has its own conditions. Don't come to India and expect English conditions!!! In Bangladesh, you will get Bangladesh conditions. In India, you will get Indian conditions.

I was reading a very interesting article that suggested how it would be VERY hypocritical for Australian legends to condemn the pitch.
It is worth a read, click here to access the article!

Please comment down below your thoughts, I would also appreciate it if you answered the poll!!
The dust coming out was bad. Turning pitches are not a big issue as cricketers are supposed to play in all conditions. But the sand coming out covering the ball is bad advertisement for cricket. Chennai usually has fair pitches but the second test match pitch looked under-prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.