• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was Murali...

Was Murali deliberately generous to Fleming?

• Yes

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

DT8

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Considering that today's match didnt count towards player stats, do you think Murali was a bit generous to Fleming, knowing full well that every 4 and 6 hit would earn money for the Sri Lankan victims of the tsunami?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
He didn't look to be bowling any differently to usual. From what I saw, Stephen Fleming was just very, very good.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, he just got belted. He didn't bowl particularly well, mind you, but there is no way it was on purpose.

nibbs

International Captain
Murali gave everything imo...

dam Australians. Stop trying to discredit Flemings awesome 100

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Omg Nibbs, two out of three Aussies said that Murali wasn't giving it away and then you jump all over us.

nibbs

International Captain
Prince EWS said:
Not a very "boss" coment at all nibbs...

Something that might come from a Gary...
i made the swell list at rleague, which means i'm no gary...period

flemings innings was by far one of the best i've seen in recent times. it's a dam shame these aren't proper odis...

bryce

International Regular
poor form starting a thread like this IMO, it's almost like throwing match fixing accusations around

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
bryce said:
poor form starting a thread like this IMO, it's almost like throwing match fixing accusations around
It's a long way from that. It was a charity match, not the World Cup final.

DT8

If it was 10 or 12 runs an over it might have been possible...but 20? no way...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
DT8 said:
If it was 10 or 12 runs an over it might have been possible...but 20? no way...
Why? Did you watch the game? The pitch wasn't giving him a lot of assistance, and it's a small ground and Fleming was playing well. He was off a little bit in his length and gave Fleming some nice half-volleys to hit, but nothing particularly shocking. Murali isn't god, and he can go for runs if someone is playing well.

Anyway, I would have to wonder how you think a bowler like Murali would bowl if he wanted to go for 20 an over and get no wickets... it's not like he was throwing up full tosses.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
nibbs said:
i made the swell list at rleague, which means i'm no gary...period

flemings innings was by far one of the best i've seen in recent times. it's a dam shame these aren't proper odis...
Your no Gary, but your comment was Gary-like.

Anyway, I dont think there is any chance that Murali would do that. He has too much self respect.

Also, even if he DID decide to do it, why wouldnt he have done it in the other charity match?

DT8

because that one had official ODI status, which means his figures would have gone into the record books.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
DT8 said:
because that one had official ODI status, which means his figures would have gone into the record books.
I really dont think he would care.

Both matches were of equal significance really.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
I really dont think he would care.

Both matches were of equal significance really.
Its very strange, the bowling analysis. I didnt see the match but even if one were to take it that Murali did bowl indifferently with a purpose, it does sound terrible for one to suggest that he wouldnt have done it if he felt it would affect his one day bowling record.

This is the more scandalous charge I think.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Of course it could be because he's only just back from a long layoff and isn't back to match fitness?

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Just ask yourself has murali ever been hit like that in any other match? And has fleming ever played like that in any other match?