• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

warwickshire player allegedly takes mind/body altering substances(bad lad)..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Inappropriate title as the thread only talks of one player suspected. Even so, it's still inappropriate because he has neither been convicted nor does a conviction give any of us any licence to insult him.

Swervy

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Inappropriate title as the thread only talks of one player suspected. Even so, it's still inappropriate because he has neither been convicted nor does a conviction give any of us any licence to insult him.
i was being a bit ironic really...hence the 'hehehehe'...of course we dont know the details etc...I was pre-empting what many people will say ie Drugs=cheat,which I dont agree with...anyone tried playing cricket after a spliff or 5???? :D

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
i was being a bit ironic really...hence the 'hehehehe'...of course we dont know the details etc...I was pre-empting what many people will say ie Drugs=cheat,which I dont agree with...anyone tried playing cricket after a spliff or 5???? :D
Please change the title of the thread

Swervy

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
No this player hasnt been convicted...an we dont know who the player is.

However I would beg to differ on whether I can offer an opinion on someone who has taken drugs if he is convicted...I might not use the words you may use, but we come from differing backgrounds.

My personal thing on this is, I dont really care if this person has taken recreational drugs, a huge proportion of people do and I wouldnt make a judgment on them for that.

However if any player was found to be taking performance enhancing drugs, then I feel I have the right to express an opinion on him...and in that case I would defend my right to use words which allude to him being the lowest of the low.

So no names have been mentioned...I havent insulted anyone on here, or indeed the person who has been thrust into the spotlight (how can I insult him when I dont know who it is).

The title I used was using language used to describe Warne when he had his bother...whats the difference in this situation

Swervy

International Captain
all that said..I will happily change the title of the thread for fear of upsetting a) the more sensitive people here and b) Marc, who I beleive is a Warks fan.

Only problem is..I dont know how to.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Swervy said:
all that said..I will happily change the title of the thread for fear of upsetting a) the more sensitive people here and b) Marc, who I beleive is a Warks fan.

Only problem is..I dont know how to.
Your friendly local moderator helps out.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
I think I am all debated out on this forum at the moment :D
The 'ignore' list can be your friend. I use it when things start getting tedious (like now) - not because I don't necessarily wish to read the contributions from certain members, but because I don't want to get into the habit of 'biting back'. The nonsense which has been bouncing back and forth is to the detriment of the overall site.

Note that I'm not saying that people are not entitled to discuss matters, get involved in banter or even debates and arguments. It's the 14 or 15 consecutive posts or the single post with a dozen or more quotes which basically look, well, stupid - and this invariably is followed by another of the same from t'other side.

Swervy

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
The 'ignore' list can be your friend. I use it when things start getting tedious (like now) - not because I don't necessarily wish to read the contributions from certain members, but because I don't want to get into the habit of 'biting back'. The nonsense which has been bouncing back and forth is to the detriment of the overall site.

Note that I'm not saying that people are not entitled to discuss matters, get involved in banter or even debates and arguments. It's the 14 or 15 consecutive posts or the single post with a dozen or more quotes which basically look, well, stupid - and this invariably is followed by another of the same from t'other side.
I dont mind reading the stuff people are writing..its just I have very little now to add to a lot of what is being said now..most people know my opinions on these topics that have been going on for what seems like months now.

Unfortunately it would appear the attitude which seems to override everything is he who has the last word has the right word...and so the whole thing continues around in a huge circle..without ever making any points whatsoever.

It would appear that there are 3 people who have been mentioned in all this (Richard,TEC and Marc) and sometimes another two (me and Son Of Coco, who does appear to have similar views on the game as I do)....I personally think Richards main 'rival' is TEC..and Ithink he talks more sense than Richard..but I think maybe he should just let it go,I get the impression TEC is older than Richard, I would say use his maturity and get out of wasting his time banging his head against a wall

Thats all I feel I do when I get into debates with Richard, thats why I have taken my foot off the gas on that one.

Hey ho!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
How come you didn't know the player in question by 5.22 Swervy?

It was all over the web by lunchtime.

I just hope the suspension doesn't carry over to WCC, although from what I read I don't know why it's worthy of a ban.

Swervy

International Captain
marc71178 said:
How come you didn't know the player in question by 5.22 Swervy?

It was all over the web by lunchtime.

I just hope the suspension doesn't carry over to WCC, although from what I read I don't know why it's worthy of a ban.
really..i still dont know who it is..i will go and investigate

Swervy

International Captain
Graham Wagg....silly boy...I was hoping it was going to be someone famous..WArks have a history of this dont they..Paul Smith from a few years back..he admitted to always being on cocaine,and sleeping with half of the county in his time there

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Your friendly local moderator helps out.
Good old friendly local moderators... we're not exactly local to Swervy, though, are we?
That is, presuming you're back in town.
Wish I'd seen this thread's title and opening-page before it got modified and moderated... seemed to have caused quite some fuss.
Great, more performance-enhancing drugs in the game - that's all we need. 8-)
Least if it is only Graham Wagg it's not exactly a huge loss to the game.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well i suppose the thread title could be changed again now...

Ceefax is reporting Wagg has admitted taking cocaine