• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

warnes layoff

do you think it will have done any damage due to inactivity or infact been of benifit due to resting from the wear & tear, will it infact extend his career? i anxiously await his comeback, how do you think he will fare? i also hope he plays in ODI again. he said he might due to the year out

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
do you think it will have done any damage due to inactivity or infact been of benifit due to resting from the wear & tear, will it infact extend his career? i anxiously await his comeback, how do you think he will fare? i also hope he plays in ODI again. he said he might due to the year out
I think that he will probably struggle to make an immediate impact, but will be kicking again in a matter of months.

Much depends on whether he recovers from his mobile phone-related thumb injury (joke, honestly)

krkode

State Captain
With Stuart McGill's recent humbling, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back soon...atleast for a while...

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
There was an article in the local paper yesterday saying that Border will be watching Warne closely. He said that if they appear to be coming out ok, regardless of the bowling figures, he will be picked.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
mavric41 said:
There was an article in the local paper yesterday saying that Border will be watching Warne closely. He said that if they appear to be coming out ok, regardless of the bowling figures, he will be picked.
Right and proper too IMO, a class apart.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I don't see how it can do anything other than help him in the long run, although I think he will struggle at first. Only a few months down the line, and he will probably be ripping them yards again.