• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Viv Richards vs Sachin Tendulkar

Who was better?

• Total voters

Chrish

International Debutant
Already a thread or two on this but I reckon it’s time to revisit since the addition of lot of new posters..

Who was a better batsman ??

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
55/25 as well as an excellent fielder. Just needs to learn how to bowl away from the SC.
Isn't Kallis the bowler decent away from SC as well? We will call upon the Kallis part in SENA and the Ravindra part to bowl in SC.

Ravindra Kallis could be the best after Bradman and Sobers.

subshakerz

International Coach
Sachin

Viv when you take away '76 was Damien Martyn level, statistically
Yeah but there is no special reason to take 76 away and every reason to include it in the assessment of Viv. It was the most dominating year of form against top class bowling in history.

Slifer

International Captain
Sachin better vs spin but Viv miles better vs pace and most great teams are centered around pace. Therefore Viv for me.

subshakerz

International Coach
Sachin better vs spin but Viv miles better vs pace and most great teams are centered around pace. Therefore Viv for me.
While it is true that Sachin was never really dominant against pace like Viv was, he was pretty good against pace for a very long period over over 15 years.

subshakerz

International Coach
A big advantage of Sachin over Viv is that Sachin didn't rely on purely physical gifts. Viv was all about power, reflexes and timing. Once he began to age, his reflexes slowed and he was a lesser batsman, whereas Sachin had the technique to get a second peak into his late 30s.