• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virender Sehwag vs Inzamam-ul-Haq

Who was the better batsman?(Tests)

• Virender Sehwag

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Inzamam-ul-Haq

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Sunil1z

International Regular
Rating Kapil over Waqar deserves troll Sunilz way more than rating Inzi over Sehwag.
Did I troll him for rating Inzi over Sehwag ? I didn’t even comment on this thread before his outrageous claim of Sehwag against Marshall

Trundler enjoys when @subshakerz makes outrageous claim against Indian cricketers. And tries to be peacenik when we reply him in his posting style

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did I troll him for rating Inzi over Sehwag ? I didn’t even comment on this thread before his outrageous claim of Sehwag against Marshall

Trundler enjoys when @subshakerz makes outrageous claim against Indian crickets . And tries to be peacenik when we reply him in his posting style
He makes outrageous claims about everyone he doesn't like ffs. Ever read a Steyn vs Ambrose thread? Or the millions of Kallis threads? And nuclear race baiting is distinctly a you thing. You're trying to make it seem like you're only dishing it back when it's only you instigating it.

trundler

@trundler
I have made just 1 comment in Sehwag vs Hayden thread . Unlike your fellow Pakistani @subshakerz who probably has 20-30 posts in that thread too . Ask him to stop being obsessed with certain cricketers .
You want him to stop talking about Indian cricketers to soothe your sensitivities? I have already given the world the definitive guide to enjoy the volume of his posting:

Nah this was incredibly annoying when applied to Steyn but it's fun when applied to Kallis at this point. You just have to detach yourself and go with the ride.
It would be entertaining if you guys met outrageous claims with equally outrageous claims and satirised the checklist fetish but instead you resort to Facebook comments section logic. Sad. Notice I said it was still a decent thread when it was pointed out that McGrath could get Inzi out with a tomato at times as a counter point.

Last edited:

Sunil1z

International Regular
You want him to stop talking about Indian cricketers to soothe your sensitivities? I have already given the world the definitive guide to enjoy the volume of his posting.
Then why are you getting worried when I am posting Inzamam actual average against McGrath in Aus in 04/05 .
This is Sehwag vs Inzamam thread.
Or you want us to keep discussing Sehwag’s imaginary failure vs Marshall and stop discussing Inzamam actual failure vs McGrath who is closest to Marshall in ATG fast bowlers.

Very clever by you . Anyone who brings Inzamam failure against Aus/Sa in a thread discussing Inzamam is a troll.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He makes outrageous claims about everyone he doesn't like ffs
Yeah, its almost as if there is a pattern to the cricketers "he doesn't like".......

And sunilz posts far lesser than saltshakerz. Have no idea why trundy is going after sunilz here at all... At least sunilz posts real information.

trundler

Very clever by you . Anyone who brings Inzamam failure against Aus/Sa in a thread discussing Inzamam is a troll.
I responded only to bringing Kapil into this thread and constant jibes at him in between from posters not even engaging in the argument. And I edited my post to add that your McGrath point was fair. At no point did I say even take a side in this debate or say the stats arguments were bad. We've even established I rate Sehwag higher than you.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Then why are you getting worried when I am posting Inzamam actual average against McGrath in Aus in 04/05 .
This is Sehwag vs Inzamam thread.
Or you want us to keep discussing Sehwag’s imaginary failure vs Marshall and stop discussing Inzamam actual failure vs McGrath who is closest to Marshall in ATG fast bowlers.

@trundler does not enjoy PP style posting at all. He is a good kid, but for some reason he has chosen saltshakerz is not a biased troll as his hill.

subshakerz

International Coach
I responded only to bringing Kapil into this thread and constant jibes at him in between from posters not even engaging in the argument. And I edited my post to add that your McGrath point was fair. At no point did I say even take a side in this debate or say the stats arguments were bad. We've even established I rate Sehwag higher than you.
They like to get triggered I think. Maybe its their thing.

trundler

Yeah, its almost as if there is a pattern to the cricketers "he doesn't like".......
He would rather have a batsman that averaged 45 everywhere than someone who averaged 60 in friendly conditions and 30 in unfriendly conditions. He likes balanced averages more than lopsided ones. I have my disagreements but I don't think he's a bad person.

subshakerz

International Coach
He would rather have a batsman that averaged 45 everywhere than someone who averaged 60 in friendly conditions and 30 in unfriendly conditions. He likes balanced averages more than lopsided ones. I have my disagreements but I don't think he's a bad person.
Basically this. For rational posters, this shouldn't be a point to get riled about. I respect the other side even if I think they are wrong.

Sunil1z

International Regular
And I have no problem when someone calls Sehwag a complete failure in SA/ENG/NZ . But I won’t respond with calmness when someone claims Sehwag has no chance against Marshall when he was the only Indian bat who scored against McGrath/Gillespie/Warne in 04/05 series .

Sehwag has more chance than Inzamam against Marshall every single day of the week and twice on Sundays particularly when Sehwag averages approx 50 against McGrath/ Steyn and Inzamam averages in 30s against McGrath/ Donald .

trundler

And I have no problem when someone calls Sehwag a complete failure in SA/ENG/NZ . But I won’t respond with calmness when someone claims Sehwag has no chance against Marshall when he was the only Indian bat who scored against McGrath/Gillespie/Warne in 04/05 series .

Sehwag has more chance than Inzamam against Marshall every single day of the week and twice on Sundays particularly when Sehwag averages approx 50 against McGrath/ Steyn and Inzamam averages in 30s against McGrath/ Donald .
Oh I don't fault you for getting annoyed at passing off conjecture based on hot air and perception as objective facts and vehemently disagreeing with it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i wonder as to the results of a subshakerz vs sunilz poll.

Probably would need a Neither option tbh
Subshakerz is a bit of a home track bully - great in historical player comparison threads but no performances to speak of in match threads.

Sunilz is a more rounded poster but also has a hole in his record against Burgey.