• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Viral Draft

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest Hunks

Aamir Sohail (7)
Shoaib Mohammed (8)
Vinod Kambli
Inzamam ul Haq
Allan Border (6)
Aravinda De Silva (5)
Moin Khan (wk)
Winston Benjamin (3)
Darren Gough (2)
Curtly Ambrose (1)
Abdul Qadir (4)

Pretty happy with the side overall. A bit of an iffy top 3 but 3 amazing batsmen to follow. Moin is not the worst guy as a keeper given the varied attack and can always come up with useful runs. So can W Benjamin, Gough and Ambrose. Pretty happy that there is no real mug with the bat really and bowling sides will have to do very well to effect a single collapse run through of this batting side.

Bowling wise, once again pretty varied with Ambrose's bounce and pace tallying nicely with Gough's skiddy swing (both conventional and reverse) at pace. Qadir is an excellent spinner and W Benjamin one of the best 3rd seamers really. Backed up on turners by useful spin of Aravinda and Border, and at a pinch further enforced by Aamir Sohail and Shoaib Mohammed, who all have got hauls in test cricket.

For a tough draft like this one, think my side is a pretty good one all said.

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
great, I know at least 1 test he can be picked from.
Also you missed one of your bowlers

Teuton

International Captain
vdraft.png

The final diagram shows that we did spread out a lot more as the new tests threw up a majority of repeated players.

Thanks to everyone for seeing out this challenging draft.

The voting thread should come soon as i have some time on my hands

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
1. MA Atherton* /
2. AJ Stewart /
3. DI Gower /
4. Javed Miandad /
5. MG Bevan / o
6. IT Botham o /
7. PL Taylor / o
8. IDS Smith + /
9. DJ Nash o /
10. DW Fleming o
11. AA Donald o

Very meh.

Fairly good batting centred around Javed; no major faults there.

The bowling is the lesser department, with only two good bowlers. Having 5 full time bowlers + Bevan kind of makes up for the individual weakness but not too much.

Don't have much good to say about this tbf other than that it has a solid top 6. The side probably relies a lot on whether it's Botham's day.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm still dirty with you for picking Peter Taylor. I'd been wanting to draft him seriously in a draft for years, preferably in a winning side. It's my drafting white whale.

ataraxia

International Coach
I'm still dirty with you for picking Peter Taylor. I'd been wanting to draft him seriously in a draft for years, preferably in a winning side. It's my drafting white whale.
Haha I didn't even know who he was. :)

As a side note, you're getting far too many draft likes from me as of late. :D

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha I didn't even know who he was. :)

As a side note, you're getting far too many draft likes from me as of late. :D
Go and watch a video of him. He was the 80sest bloke you'll ever see. Not the best off spinner in the world but a salt of the earth kind of bloke. Had the best action too.