• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Viral Draft - Voting Thread

Which are the 3 best teams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look mate I lost a draft with Marshall/Roberts/Imran/Warne as my attack because most people don't know who Armstrong and Cameron were. It's okay.
I don't really care about winning or losing, I'm just confused as to how well known and recent players who were excellent are being dismissed as "meh".

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You're focusing on one guy out of six though. Two of my batsmen were regulars in the greatest batting lineup of all time and one of them is one of only 6 players who averaged 50+ over a reasonable number of tests. I just fail to see how a batting lineup with Langer, Wessels, Martyn and Chanderpaul can be considered anything other than top notch when you've got a bloke at 3 who only played 17 tests because he couldn't handle the ball bouncing over waist high.

I agree that there is one or maybe two batting lineups that are better than mine, I am flabbergasted that anyone would consider this batting lineup less than top notch, especially with a tail that includes Imran and Marshall.
I mean you praised a batting lineup that had Bevan batting 5, Botham 6 and Peter Taylor at 7. Now I do consider Bevan to have been better than his record suggests, but we really can only go on his record and he averaged 30. Peter Taylor was a good bowler but was not a good enough batsman to bat higher than 8 regularly.

Anyway I don't mean to disparage other posters sides, because this draft was 90% luck and 10% hard work but calling a side with an ATG opener, an ATG number 5 and two other extremely good batsmen "meh" is just a bit strange *by the standards of this draft*.
I have no idea how you got that I am rating any of those line ups ahead of yours. I simply think given how good your bowling is, the batting felt a bit meh. I guess you are literally taking my feedback on every side here but a lot of that is relative. Ataraxia's decent, yours is better but the meh was mainly because you are batting someone well out of position at an important spot like #3 and the chasm between the quality of your bowling side and the quality of your batting side is pretty wide.

Teuton

International Captain
Time to wrap this up.
It looks like a 3-way tie between kingkallis, stephen & I.
So for a tiebreaker I will count Kohli's 15th post in 5 years which indicated that they wanted to vote for kk, michael & hb so that means kingkallis is the winner. Thanks everyone for taking part.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Time to wrap this up.
It looks like a 3-way tie between kingkallis, stephen & I.
So for a tiebreaker I will count Kohli's 15th post in 5 years which indicated that they wanted to vote for kk, michael & hb so that means kingkallis is the winner. Thanks everyone for taking part.
Thanks for running it. It had a very different flavor to most drafts which was fun.

kingkallis

International Coach
Another very close contest.

Thank you teuton for running this amazing draft. Thank you Kohli for your vote.