• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Van Jaarsveld retires to England

Thank you Mr Jones. Although i sincerly hope you're no relation to that scoundrel on a rival station Alan Jones. He likes to think he runs the radio world...know what i mean?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pinkline Jones said:
Richard it all comes down to the fact that you type and type and type and type and type and type and type and type and type but continue to make little sense. Do you have any other skills you're not particulary good at?
I could ask you if you have any skills at all, but I don't like asking you to state the obvious and say no.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LongHopCassidy said:
LOL at Pinkline agreeing with Richard after contradicting him.
Or, of course, you could say "the one behind Pinkline Jones and John Laws CBE".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LongHopCassidy said:
Agreed, with the glaring exception of Michael Clarke.
Well, with a few exceptions here and there - David Gower and to a lesser extent Viv Richards weren't too successful at the domestic level.
It happens very occasionally.
But not anywhere near enough to justify picking someone for internationals despite being a failure domestically.

Richard said:
I could ask you if you have any skills at all, but I don't like asking you to state the obvious and say no.
Dear Richard,
As much as i dont usually like to respond to stupidity, i feel i owe to to my listeners to ask that you dont address my esteemed colleague Mr Jones in such a rude fashion. As everyone knows, he is Australia's leading social comentator (and a regular guest on my ratings winning show) and as such he should be treated with respect.

Blaze

Banned
John Laws CBE said:
Dear Richard,
As much as i dont usually like to respond to stupidity, i feel i owe to to my listeners to ask that you dont address my esteemed colleague Mr Jones in such a rude fashion. As everyone knows, he is Australia's leading social comentator (and a regular guest on my ratings winning show) and as such he should be treated with respect.

Lame :sleep:

Dear Blaze,
I congratulate you on hosting 3 radio shows. To take the initiative and broadcast your own brand of plodlodidic humour from your basement is a real achievment. Me, well my show is broadcast on more than 60 radio stations at the one time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, you don't, just the same way your Mr Jones is the leading commentator on precisely nothing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Martin van Jaarsveld always struck me as a classy player and IMO was mistreated. He should have been given a proper run in the side. Alas, with the quality batsmen around South African cricket over the years, it was never going to happen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've always felt McKenzie and Dippennar were better.
And now with De Villiers coming in Smith or Gibbs, whoever ends-up there, would probably be able to do the job in the middle.