• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

USA cricket fans...anyone else?

zorax

likes this
Tennis ball cricket? First I've heard of it...sounds perfect for me and my amateur sports playing ass. To be honest I don't really know any so called ex pats. Maybe I will try the internet to find them.
Just go to where all the brown ppl live and ask to join them when they play cricket. EZ.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Tennis ball cricket? First I've heard of it...sounds perfect for me and my amateur sports playing ass. To be honest I don't really know any so called ex pats. Maybe I will try the internet to find them.
It's more of an Indian thing. The ball is a heavy tennis ball and protective equipment is optional. I always wore a box/cup/hector protector but was viewed as weird for doing so. Pitch can be anything from rolled mud to concrete to AstroTurf. Rest of the rules are usually the same. Any local universities may have a cricket team or Indians who can help you find them.

usa cricket fan

Cricket Spectator
It's more of an Indian thing. The ball is a heavy tennis ball and protective equipment is optional. I always wore a box/cup/hector protector but was viewed as weird for doing so. Pitch can be anything from rolled mud to concrete to AstroTurf. Rest of the rules are usually the same. Any local universities may have a cricket team or Indians who can help you find them.
I live 35 minutes from the coastal beach area so I would also love to try out beach cricket but use a tennis ball so that no protection would be needed. I just found out that my area has a league for cricket(Houston). Since I have played baseball at a high school level maybe someone will let me give it a shot at a practice or something. Amazing what you can find with a little elbow grease and an internet connection.