• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ure Favourite Fasts!

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Yeah Lee is a good bowler, but these days some times the media hype is detrimental for some young players. S Waugh I think tried to shield Lee from the media pressure, and kept his entry a little low key, but with Lee and Shoaib speed contest being the hottest thing going in the dull and scandal ridden world of cricket these days, he is under too tight a media scrutiny.

He is definetely talented.

Kimbo

International Debutant
i played world series cricket a few years ago. i played for india. it was an intermediates grade and my team sucked. heath davis coached me for a while at balmoral too. he is strange... weird guy. :undecided:

Kimbo

International Debutant
oh yea, and i like bond, ntini and akhtar. dont like lee at all.
bond- good kiwi lad, decent bloke, bowls quick and accurate.
ntini- most enthusiastic player around! i love his energy. he bowls a great line and length for odis too- fires em at the chest from wide of the crease.
akhtar- really seems to enjoy his cricket, and he is just so quick! best guy to watch out of all of em.

lee- seems a bit brattish if you know what i mean. doesnt get me all that excited- he gets smacked about a bit much.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
holy crap ... something cricket And i never ever heard about it !! :O :O

give me some more details guys .. i so damn wanna join !!! arghh anything to do with cricket im up

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Breeding male emperor penguins may fast 90 to 120 days during courtship, breeding, and the entire incubation period (Davis and Darby, 1990).

Now that's what I call a fast. Simon Jones, eat your heart out (unless it's in the fasting period, of course). :D

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I love bond because he is A New Zealand guy but I think Lee is an amazing bowler. I like him heaps because a few years ago he let me take photos of him and signed my shirt and bat when he was fielding on the boundry. None of the other guys would so that.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Allow me to regale you all with a story related to who I thought was the greatest 'fast' bowler ever, Tertius Bosch.

He played but one Test for South Africa and also played a season of cricket for a South Aussie district club, which is where I met him. We played for the same club (I was 16 at the time) and in a pre-season match where the A-grade squad played an inter-club match against members who were trying to make it into the squad (I was in this team), we clashed heads.

I knew Tertius was susceptible to the short ones and so in the first innings, I let him have it. Hoping to impress, I bowled as fast as I could and bounced the crapola out of him. Eventually I got him caught as he backed away to square leg and was quite proud of myself having got a Test player out. :)

I came out to bat in my team's innings and I heard him as I walked out say to the opposition's captain, "Give me the *@#%@ ball!".

Next thing, there's Tertius at the top of his run charging in and bowling at a phenominal pace(he was clocked at 150km/h+ at one stage in his career) and HOSTILE. Most balls I wore on the ribs and shoulders with one of them glancing my head on the way to the boundary. It was easily the quickest and nastiest bowling I'd ever faced. Needless to say, eventually he bowled me an unplayable yorker which I was nowhere near and I staggered off the field.

I entered the changeroom and someone (can't remember who) remarked to me, "Christ! That's the nastiest bowling I've ever seen." I remember replying or nodding but just as I was about to say something, I collapsed and blacked out. I was apparently rushed to hospital where doctors discovered that I had severe bruising and a couple of crcked ribs but what had caused me to black out was the hit in the solar plexus which cut off some of the oxygen flow to my brain (I couldn't breathe properly) and that was all she wrote.

I was in hospital for a couple of nights and on the second night, Tertius came to visit. He apologised but told me it was my own damn fault for bouncing him :D For the next few hours we just talked cricket and other stuff and I found him to be an exceedingly nice guy. Nonetheless, he never took it easy on me at training, though! :D

So it was with great sadness I heard of his death in 2000. Him and I got to know each other quite well and it affected me quite deeply.

So here's to the greatest 'fast' bowler of all time, in my opinion anyway. :D

[Edited on 7/28/02 by Top_Cat]

[Edited on 7/28/02 by Top_Cat]

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
My fav fasssst bowlers:

Gavin larsen - sheer intimidation
chris harris - he had a wicked and mean bouncer.
Kumble - India's fastest bowler for a decade.
Scott muller - Well warne was impressed... :D
Ealham - His fitness was a lesson to everyone.
Ian austin - Whoa...where do i start?

thts it for now folks...

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
I dont know...but whoever it was, was stating the fact.

I skimmed through Eddie's link, and seems like it was the cameraman, if you know something else TC, enlighten us...

Top_Cat

Well I guess the info can't hurt anyone anymore (maybe Scott Muller's ego) so I'll reveal it soon.

I still want to hear some more guesses, though!

(By the way, it wasn't Joe.......)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Inadvertantly Eddie has dug up the dirt on me. I confess it was I that uttered the infamous phrase.

Top_Cat

Try not to be too shocked but it was Steve Waugh. ANd no, I'm not kidding.

You heard it here first. :D