• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Flem274*

123/5
?

I was pretty sad mad when I woke up to that news so yeah a bit contradictory.

Cricket is changing from being a semi-global sport to being pure entertainment for one market and subsidised by suckers on the other side of the planet and I despise it.

Players NZC made and invested likely millions in since age group level should not be getting career threatening injuries playing Marvel cricket for someone else.

Whether we need to address this issue with sabbaticals like NZR or by explaining to a bunch of 30 year olds fortunate enough to have never worked a real job that destroys your soul for 40k that they have it amazing, who knows, but someone who sucks at T20 like KW getting injured trying for some team no one will remember or care about in 50 years is taking the piss out of the people who have invested in him financially and emotionally since he was a child.

Turns out I'm still sad mad.

Flem274*

123/5
Every worker should be paid more. Ten years and your career is over, you should be able to live off your earnings.
100-500k per year plus almost guaranteed expertise or commentary gigs post career is pretty sweet job security. If NZC have the same education policy as NZR (which would be smart) then they will have a qualification or trade to fall back on as well.

The Black Caps will be fine. They are some of the most well off people in New Zealand. It's the domestic players we need to do more for.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Not great news about Kane. Hopefully he will be back for our home tests next summer v SA & Aus.

I wouldn't mind the security of Conway at 3 for the World Cup and then pick another opener tbh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If he's out of the wc because he was busy playing complete dribble then NZC need to man up and get serious on retaining and policing the players we made.
He tried to take a catch at the boundary and tore his ACL. That can happen in any LO game, perhaps even any game of cricket. You would have an actual point if it was a wear and tear injury but you don't.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Not great news about Kane. Hopefully he will be back for our home tests next summer v SA & Aus.

I wouldn't mind the security of Conway at 3 for the World Cup and then pick another opener tbh.
Possibly Ravindra since wc is in India.

Finn Allen Ravindra Conway Mitchell Latham Philips Bracewell Santner Sodhi Jamieson Henry/Ferguson

This team will have loads of bowling and batting options.

Pippa86

Cricket Spectator
I don't reckon he's done an ACL guys. At least I doubt hes ruptured it. Possible minor tear.
But I think most likely he's given his Meniscus a good jolt.
If it was an ACL rupture you'd have seen his knee collapse under his body weight, that didn't happen.
Meniscus can be funny. Some times you get an feeling that's almost like an electric shock, which can be horribly painful and it settles in a few days.
Often with Athletes they'll go in for key hole surgery to repair the Meniscus and they're good to go in 12 weeks.
Probably some damage to the ligament on the inside of the knee too.
But I have a feeling he should be good for the WC. But the medical Imaging will tell the whole story.
I'm a Physio for the record.
Potential ACL just gets clicks

Flem274*

123/5
He tried to take a catch at the boundary and tore his ACL. That can happen in any LO game, perhaps even any game of cricket. You would have an actual point if it was a wear and tear injury but you don't.
He shouldn't have been playing that dribble. I'd be chill with it if it were an Indian domestic team in 50 over or red ball (that would be cool and players looking outside county doesn't happen often enough tbh) but he was playing the lamest format in an inconsequential competition for sporting legacy outside one nation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He shouldn't have been playing that dribble. I'd be chill with it if it were an Indian domestic team in 50 over or red ball (that would be cool and players looking outside county doesn't happen often enough tbh) but he was playing the lamest format in an inconsequential competition for sporting legacy outside one nation.
You gotta watch for stomach burns when you got that much J & E in you.

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
?

I was pretty sad mad when I woke up to that news so yeah a bit contradictory.

Cricket is changing from being a semi-global sport to being pure entertainment for one market and subsidised by suckers on the other side of the planet and I despise it.

Players NZC made and invested likely millions in since age group level should not be getting career threatening injuries playing Marvel cricket for someone else.

Whether we need to address this issue with sabbaticals like NZR or by explaining to a bunch of 30 year olds fortunate enough to have never worked a real job that destroys your soul for 40k that they have it amazing, who knows, but someone who sucks at T20 like KW getting injured trying for some team no one will remember or care about in 50 years is taking the piss out of the people who have invested in him financially and emotionally since he was a child.

Turns out I'm still sad mad.
you can't take the money and benefit from exposure from that one market and then complain that they're indulging in marvel or dc cricket

blame Kane for attempting a stupid acrobatic catch that wasn't necessary but it is very funny to act like he is performing in front of robots who don't care about him when he is one of the most loved cricketers in India