• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ugliest looking cricketers

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Does he actually think he looks good with that hairstyle? He probably doesn't look in the mirror after he gets dressed. Broke the mirror, IMO.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Protea said:
Does he actually think he looks good with that hairstyle? He probably doesn't look in the mirror after he gets dressed. Broke the mirror, IMO.
I think its prevelant in the UK amongst the Garys and Gavins, especially up north.. He will probably sort it out if he travels around with England a bit...

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
He'd better get it fixed up before he comes to SA...IF he comes to SA and that's a huge if.

Langeveldt

Soutie
You must be the first person to introduce cricket into off topic.. Decent conversation is usually a bit taboo in these parts :)

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Langeveldt said:
You must be the first person to introduce cricket into off topic.. Decent conversation is usually a bit taboo in these parts :)
8-) I'm innocent! :D

Before I get reprimanded :p Mark Butcher must also make the ugly list. He reminds me of a fat little tokoloshe. :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Whats a tokoloshe?

He is a pretty cool guy though, if I could have a beer with an English cricketer it would be him...

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
A tokoloshe is a part of SA/Xhosa legend. It's a fat, ugly little brown creature who comes during the night, jumps on your bed and steals you for his dinner. That is why some people sleep with bricks holding their beds up.
I saw a drawing of how one is supposed to look and it resembles Mark Butcher.

He does seem like a cool guy though. Isn't he married to Alec Stewart's sister?

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Do they have any children? I reckon the Stewart/Butcher kids would like, ahem, "interesting".

Langeveldt

Soutie
Protea said:
Do they have any children? I reckon the Stewart/Butcher kids would like, ahem, "interesting".
I think Butch has had a rocky marriage, i don't know if he is still with Stewarts sister..

To be honest, his kids would be ugly looking legends :) If that makes sense..

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sorta. I can imagine what they would look like.....ugh, bad picture! Is his rocky marriage affecting him the way Thorpe's did? He lost form during his divorce/separation.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think it must have done.. he "re-invented" himself after that innings against Australia at Headingley in a number of different ways.. I can't say it has affected him as much as Thorpe though, would have noticed it a lot more...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Not sure.. I think Butcher cheated though.....

Apparently he got involved in some incident last christmas in Surrey where his old wife and her partner wouldn't even let him see the kids, and there was some sort of punch up between the two guys... Messy stuff love triangles.....

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
We're getting really off-topic here 8-)

Other ugly cricketers....

Shoaib Akhtar (sweats like a pig)
Marcus Trescothick isn't too hot either