• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

U19 Traingular: Bangladesh continues to impress

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Bangla U19 playing better and better in each match. Srilanka and England U19 so far unable to threat Bangla U19. Here is the details:

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/OTHERS/BDESH-U19-TRI/

On the other hand very poor performance by England U19. They lost all the 9 mathces they played in Bangladesh so far(7 against Bangladesh and 2 against srilanka). They are probably going to make a whole-sale change before the U19 World Cup. Here is an interesting article:

http://ecb.co.uk/england/england-age-group/pick-to-ring-world-cup-changes,6876,EN.html

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
The Bangladeshis have just produced their 8th consecutive win...all coming against test playing nations

Today they defeated England by 42 runs. Mushfiqur Rahim was the hero with a mature 78 coming off just 73 balls.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
And now Bangladesh - formerly East Pakistan - are getting in on the thrash England act. Good to see that they might have some impressive young talent. I await the day when Bangladesh is ahead of England in the ICC rankings.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it would be. I honestly think it would be good for Bangladesh if their A team is allowed to play in domestic competitions of India and Pakistan.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh U19 are very strong, with lots of raw talent. Here are some players to look out for:

Mushfiqur Rahim (Test match wk/batsman)
Saqibul Hasan (Left arm spin bowling all rounder)
Tamim Iqbal (opening batsman)
Raqibul Hasan (opening batsman)
Mehrab Hossain jnr (batsman, left arm spin bowler)
Shamshur Rahman (batsman)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
ClownSymonds said:
And now Bangladesh - formerly East Pakistan - are getting in on the thrash England act. Good to see that they might have some impressive young talent. I await the day when Bangladesh is ahead of England in the ICC rankings.
Me too !! :D :D

Great for Bangladesh !! I hope they build on the success of these U19 cricketers and harness them and nurture them onto the National Team with fine tuning of their skills by Dav Whatmore their National coach.

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
I played against alot of these guys when they toured Aus this year...

They are a quality side with a big future.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
So why is it that you can't tell us who you played for, your name and you told me that the games where at Allan Border because "I'm playing in the tournament and they sent me the schedule" despite the fact that the games were played at Souths.

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
I got a basic itinerary...which showed the outline of the tour, things may have changed. I don't know, I didn't play against them in Brisbane. Not going to give out my name on a public forum, ffs look what happened to vic_orthodox.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
England just lost their last match today. But this time they were quite close to win. Srilanka had to wait until 49.4 overs to win and by that time they lost eight wickets. This tour to England had been a nightmare. They lost all the 11 matches at Bangladesh. Must be some cold welcome waiting for the team back home.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
crickmate said:
England just lost their last match today. But this time they were quite close to win. Srilanka had to wait until 49.4 overs to win and by that time they lost eight wickets. This tour to England had been a nightmare. They lost all the 11 matches at Bangladesh. Must be some cold welcome waiting for the team back home.
There won't be any welcome barring the players' mums and dads. Not even I can name the Under 19 side off the top of my head.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
There won't be any welcome barring the players' mums and dads. Not even I can name the Under 19 side off the top of my head.
Only one I could think of off the top of my head when I first heard they were playing was Ben Harmison, for obvious reasons, and he's been dropped. I even forgot Robert Woodman, who I've seen play. None of them stand out as particularly good prospects really, which stands to reason as they've just lost a lot of games in a row.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
Only one I could think of off the top of my head when I first heard they were playing was Ben Harmison, for obvious reasons, and he's been dropped. I even forgot Robert Woodman, who I've seen play. None of them stand out as particularly good prospects really, which stands to reason as they've just lost a lot of games in a row.
Harmison has not been dropped, it's just that he's not Under 19 any more. U19 is your school year remember...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Harmison has not been dropped, it's just that he's not Under 19 any more. U19 is your school year remember...
Actually if he's no longer 19 or under, it's the school year above me. I'm not 19 till next June.

And I wasn't sure how old he was, thought he might still have been 18 or so.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
Actually if he's no longer 19 or under, it's the school year above me. I'm not 19 till next June.

And I wasn't sure how old he was, thought he might still have been 18 or so.
Ben's 20 next month, and hence in the year above you. The current England U19s *should* be your age.