• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twitter Embeds

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This week, pages of threads with embedded twitter things have stopped working for me. They just stop and I can't click on anything.

Noted this mostly in the American Politics thread, which I can happily ignore apart from making the occasional snide comment. Just noticed it with the Other News thread where Athlai has embedded a twitter post regarding Shinzo Abe.

Using a Safari on Mac. But these never used to be a problem before ~a week ago.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Embedded tweets still seem to display correctly for me, but weirdly Facebook posts have stopped doing so within about the same timeframe.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This week, pages of threads with embedded twitter things have stopped working for me. They just stop and I can't click on anything.

Noted this mostly in the American Politics thread, which I can happily ignore apart from making the occasional snide comment. Just noticed it with the Other News thread where Athlai has embedded a twitter post regarding Shinzo Abe.

Sometimes it happens for me but if I refresh the window, they start working again.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Same, only on mobile though - Chrome on iOS

Himannv

International Coach
There's apparently some change that was made yesterday that's causing some issues (probably associated with Safari, not sure). In some cases it causes embedded tweets to not load, and in others it forces the page to reload as if you've lost connection. Some people on another forum that I'm on experienced it as well.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Twitter turned off the feature in protest at Elon pulling out of the acquisition deal :ph34r:

On a serious note, it's common functionality to be able to embed tweets that isn't specific to CW. I imagine nearly 24 hours later @HeathDavisSpeed that it should now be working again.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
I've gone into the AP thread you're referring to and they're loading fine for me. Perhaps it's an issue specific to Safari as Himannv was saying - you could try with another browser.
yeah it must be because i had the same problem trying to view the most recent ampol page on my phone yesterday omw back from the city