• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 rankings

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Calculated by the ICC method (mostly. For the first matches everyone was set to zero in order to avoid crazy rankings.)

1 Pakistan 128
2 Sri Lanka 125
3 South Africa 123
4 West Indies 101
5 Australia 101
6 India 101
7 New Zealand 96
8 England 87
9 Ireland 84
10 Netherlands 81
11 Zimbabwe 76
12 Bangladesh 74
13 Canada 57
14 Scotland 47
15 Kenya 35
16 Bermuda 0

Thoughts? Personally think they look quite fair, though the top three isn't that far ahead.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Is this including games outside the world cup? If yes, then Australia should probably rank a bit higher. I'm assuming the world cup counts for more, like it has a more significant rating?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Are they using something like this to do the groups for the next T20 WC? I hope they don't do it like they did it this time, otherwise there'll be another really stacked group because Ireland were in the Super8 ahead of Australia.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Is this including games outside the world cup? If yes, then Australia should probably rank a bit higher. I'm assuming the world cup counts for more, like it has a more significant rating?
It includes games outside the World T20, and they're all ranked equally, except that older results are aged.

Australia have, however, won 9 and lost 10 of their total T20 matches. For comparison, Pakistan have won 17 and lost 5.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I would have expected England to be a bit closer to the test nations than they are to Ireland. I know they lost to Holland, but they have beaten Pakistan, India and WI this year. I don't think Ireland would be able to do that.

Polo23

International Debutant
They look about right to me. They show how much more competitive the non test playing nations are in this form of the game.

On a side note - Samuel, you should log into FTP before Zimbabwe lose all their players and sell them if you aren't coming back!!!

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good work in compiling the rankings. It would be interesting, but difficult I guess, to determine a formula to calculate the ratings for the best performed cricket nation in terms of all forms of cricket. i.e. test cricket, ODIs, twenty20. A weighting system of rankings could be used, but would be extremely difficult to achieve consensus, let alone accuracy.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

of
Calculated by the ICC method (mostly. For the first matches everyone was set to zero in order to avoid crazy rankings.)

1 Pakistan 128
2 Sri Lanka 125
3 South Africa 123
4 West Indies 101
5 Australia 101
6 India 101
7 New Zealand 96
8 England 87
9 Ireland 84
10 Netherlands 81
11 Zimbabwe 76
12 Bangladesh 74
13 Canada 57
14 Scotland 47
15 Kenya 35
16 Bermuda 0

Thoughts? Personally think they look quite fair, though the top three isn't that far ahead.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Are they using something like this to do the groups for the next T20 WC? I hope they don't do it like they did it this time, otherwise there'll be another really stacked group because Ireland were in the Super8 ahead of Australia.
the way both teams played this was a deserving result.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think Australia are very lucky to be tied 4th.

Bermuda are a little unlucky to be so low even say Slovakia are level with them on points.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I think Australia are very lucky to be tied 4th.

Bermuda are a little unlucky to be so low even say Slovakia are level with them on points.
no matter what win/loss %age AUS has, they still are tough side to beat

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
The top 8 in this list certainly reflect the top 8 cricket nations over the past 20 years. In my view, in all forms of cricket, the top three nations over the past 3 years have been Australia, South Africa and India. The next three have been England, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The 7th and 8th teams in my view have been WI and NZ. All these teams are in the top 8 of the 20-20 list posted, and that is great.

In terms of 20-20 results, the list posted is spot on as it is based on results and form. However, it must be remembered that over a period of time, for various reasons, some nations do not necessarily select their best teams for some 20-20 matches, preferring to save their best players for the test or ODI series. This is only my view, but I feel that sometimes the ratings do not always reflect the strength of each nation's 20-20 teams.

Anyway, I would value your thoughts on this. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

shivfan

Banned

1 Pakistan 128
2 Sri Lanka 125
3 South Africa 123
4 West Indies 101
5 Australia 101
6 India 101
7 New Zealand 96
8 England 87
9 Ireland 84
10 Netherlands 81
11 Zimbabwe 76
12 Bangladesh 74
13 Canada 57
14 Scotland 47
15 Kenya 35
16 Bermuda 0

If this includes matches outside of the 20/20 world champs, as you say it does, I have no problem at all with these rankings....