• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 Ranking

raja

Cricket Spectator
Here is the Current Twenty20 Ranking. Found this from one website.

S# Team Rating
1. India 103
2. Australia 98
3. Bangladesh 97
4. England 90
5. South Africa 89
6. New Zealand 56
7. Sri Lanka 55
8. Pakistan 42
9. Zimbabwe 35
10. West Indies 31

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha what Pakistan 42? The team that has only lost 3 times? Bangladesh 97?

Get outta town.

cricman

International 12th Man
Haha what Pakistan 42? The team that has only lost 3 times? Bangladesh 97?

Get outta town.
They Haven't Updated that Site In ages, I remember reading that before last years World T20 same numbers as well. Bangladesh were #3 Cause they Beat Zimbabwe and Kenya in there only 2 T20I played before the ICC T20

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Here is the Current Twenty20 Ranking. Found this from one website.

S# Team Rating
1. India 103
2. Australia 98
3. Bangladesh 97
4. England 90
5. South Africa 89
6. New Zealand 56
7. Sri Lanka 55
8. Pakistan 42
9. Zimbabwe 35
10. West Indies 31
more funny part is England ahead of south Africa, newzealand, Pakistan & srilanka lol
Pakistan are at No.8 in these rankings, maybe the one made these rankings has seen the team Pakistan has selected :D that's why he gave them these Rankings lol

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Maybe not, but Pakistan were several leagues above you guys in the last tournament.
That's true, but Bangladesh looked several leagues above the West Indies in the last tournament yet overall W.Indies are the better team.

Realistically there's the top group:

India
Australia
South Africa

who can beat anybody including each other on the day and most can't beat them. Then the middle group:

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
England
Pakistan

who can beat each other on the day but are very inconsistent and could, though highly unlikely to, cause an upset over the top group teams if their star batsman goes on a sick one.

You then have the West Indies who are very poor but not as poor as the last group:

Bangladesh

who must have somany friends at the ICC to be even playing "competitive" international matches.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan's T20 record:

17 matches
13 wins
3 losses
1 tie

England's T20 record:

15 matches
6 wins
9 losses

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Pakistan's T20 record:

17 matches
13 wins
3 losses
1 tie

England's T20 record:

15 matches
6 wins
9 losses
Of those 13 wins for Pakistan:

3 vs Bangladesh
1 vs Canada
1 vs Kenya
1 vs Scotland
1 vs Zimbabwe

They beat us 3 years ago, haven't beaten India or South Africa but have beaten Australia twice.

I think both us and Pakistan are pretty even nowadays.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Those rankings are a load of rubbish. With the tournament in England, and Pakistan missing so many players I reckon England actually have a chance at upsetting Pakistan. I think Kamran Akmal may well open with Butt, Butt hasn't convinced me in this format and Akmal may stuggle early on against the new ball. Put an awful lot of pressure on the Pakistani middle order. That said, Pakistan have a top bowling attack in this format.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
It must just be me because I don't see beating Pakistan as an upset- even with their first XI out.

I will be disappointed if we lose to them tbph.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Of those 13 wins for Pakistan:

3 vs Bangladesh
1 vs Canada
1 vs Kenya
1 vs Scotland
1 vs Zimbabwe

They beat us 3 years ago, haven't beaten India or South Africa but have beaten Australia twice.

I think both us and Pakistan are pretty even nowadays.

what about 3 losses?
1 against south Africa, it was a pitch at which whoever batted first, would 've lost it, against srilanka, i guess it was a close game, & against India, it was the final
still far better than england

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Those rankings are a load of rubbish. With the tournament in England, and Pakistan missing so many players I reckon England actually have a chance at upsetting Pakistan. I think Kamran Akmal may well open with Butt, Butt hasn't convinced me in this format and Akmal may stuggle early on against the new ball. Put an awful lot of pressure on the Pakistani middle order. That said, Pakistan have a top bowling attack in this format.

Yeah Pakistan are missing, not 1 not 2 but 5 or 6 players
but yet, we can beat england, & we can beat anyone else

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
It must just be me because I don't see beating Pakistan as an upset- even with their first XI out.

I will be disappointed if we lose to them tbph.
& i'll be disappointed if we lose to england
really we shouldn't be beaten by them ( cuz next 'll be netherlands, so it'll create some probs)
but again i think we're a better team in t20 than england

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
England are **** at big events, and that is why Pakistan is looking stronger. IMO, England is a better T20 side, but both are really inconsistent, so can't say. Beating Pakistan will surely be no upset.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
England are **** at big events.
You noticed? Lol

Nasser Hussain was saying it's about time England stepped it up. A bit ironic and rich coming from him, but I agree.

I also don't like Wright opening. I'd rather Pietersen over him and tbph I wouldn't have Luke in the team just yet.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
You noticed? Lol

Nasser Hussain was saying it's about time England stepped it up. A bit ironic and rich coming from him, but I agree.

I also don't like Wright opening. I'd rather Pietersen over him and tbph I wouldn't have Luke in the team just yet.
The problem with Wright is that, he knows if he fails he may sit out. He panics too much at the crease and he's such a better batsman for Sussex. Young lad shouldn't feel the pressure.

Before the last WorldT20, Colly said he wants to see England performing better in big events, but we choked in 2007 too. If Colly can do it this year, we can win it.