• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 Cricket at the WACA

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Did anyone else go see the game? Victoria did pretty bad IMO, but Luke Ronchi and Ryan Campbell absolutely dominated. I thought it was great, and should be played more form now on.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Twenty20 thread
Am keeping that thread alive just so I can see the change of opinion over the months as people experience the format in their corner of the World.

Seems like a good start for the format in Oz anyway, century partnership in under 10 overs is pretty brisk... and the first sellout since 1981 according to cricinfo. I hope I can wake up early enough to catch some of the cricinfo commentary of the Twenty20 game tomorrow (Pakistan v Australia A) - should be entertaining.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Buddhmaster said:
Did anyone else go see the game? Victoria did pretty bad IMO, but Luke Ronchi and Ryan Campbell absolutely dominated. I thought it was great, and should be played more form now on.
WACA Member mate, wouldn't miss it for anything.

Correct about the sellout, they closed the gates at 6:45ish. Amazing turnout more than the WACA expected I'm sure.

Main thing I was keen to see was Cambo and Ronchi opening the batting. They didnt dissapoint! Campbell hit an unbeaten 56, and Ronchi finished up 67 from 24 balls before getting stumped by a Warne bouncer :lol: :lol: :lol: His 50 came off 20 balls, and the last 17 from 4 (including the ball he got dismissed from!) Bloody top knock from Luke.

First ball Warne bowled to Luke was dispatched into the stands for 6, Second ball suffered a similar fate - a bounce or two into the ropes for 4 - No respect for the great man! Easilly my favourite innings that I have seen live, a pure joy to watch.

The standout WA bowlers IMO were Beau Casson and Eddy. Casson was hitting the right spot finished up with 4-0-25-1 great considering he battles to get a spot in the WA side when Hoggy is here.

Overall I'm bloody ecstatic that Ronchi did so well, by far my favourite WA player, it's annoying seeing him get done for first ballers so often!

BTW a scorecard:

Victoria Innings
N JEWELL c Edmondson b Wates 0
J MOSS c Meuleman b Edmondson 15
L BUCHANAN run out 1
T WELSFORD b Worthington 11
A CROSTHWAITE c Campbell b Harvey 57
G RUMMANS c Wates b Worthington 2
I HARVEY c Ronchi b Casson 7
I HEWETT run out 32
A MCDONALD not out 6
S WARNE not out 0
Sundries (2b 6lb 2w) 10
Eight wickets for 141
Fall: 0, 3, 20, 35, 55, 90, 110, 139.
Bowling: D Wates 4-0-22-1 (1w), B Edmondson 4-0-14-1, P Worthington 4-0-40-2 (1w), B Casson 4-0-25-1, K Harvey 4-0-32-1.
Batting time: 79 mins. Overs: 20.

Western Australia Innings
L RONCHI st Crosthwaite b Warne 67
R CAMPBELL not out 56
A VOGES c Crosthwaite b Harvey 7
S MARSH not out 4
Sundries (1lb 4w 4nb) 9
Two wickets for 143
Fall: 101, 131
Bowling: B Knowles 3-0-22-0, I Hewett 2-0-24-0 (1w), A McDonald 2-0-25-0 (1w), J Moss 1-0-14-0, S Warne 2.1-0-32-1 (1w), I Harvey 2-0-25-1 (4nb 1w).
Batting time: 51 minutes. Overs: 12.1.
Crowd: 20,071
Man of the match: Luke Ronchi (WA)
Umpires: Jeff Brookes, Andrew Craig

Last edited:

uzy456

Cricket Spectator
what channel

does any one know what chaneel is the a[kisatn vs australia a 20 twenty game going to be on,

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow! That looks like a comprehensive win for W.A. It is always great to see Victoria gete flogged no matter what the format. :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
uzy456 said:
does any one know what chaneel is the a[kisatn vs australia a 20 twenty game going to be on,

will be ch 9 in sydney, as for glasgow?

the twenty20 game between the NSW squad was very one sided as well, withe one side winning by 100 runs, maybe teams dont have the tactics worked out yet

dddobson

Cricket Spectator
Forgive this Yank, who knows not the first thing about cricket, for barging into your discussion group and posting a non-cricket post, however this is the only way I can think of to try and reach the person I need to contact. A search of Google revealed the name of a player, Mike Hunt Hertz, on this website

My name is Dan Dobson and I am an attorney in the United States. Recently during the investigation of a case, I discovered that an individual from OZ was posing as Mike Hunt Hertz and doing some pretty nasty stuff.

I think the real Mike Hunt Hertz would want to know about what is going on and try to stop this character who is posing as him. So if any of you know the "real" Mike Hunt Hertz, please have him contact me, so I can brief him as to what is occuring.

Daniel D. Dobson J.D.
Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
651-227-4376
dddobson@yahoo.com

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
AUST_HiTMaN said:
The standout WA bowlers IMO were Beau Casson and Eddy. Casson was hitting the right spot finished up with 4-0-25-1 great considering he battles to get a spot in the WA side when Hoggy is here.
:D:D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dddobson said:
Forgive this Yank, who knows not the first thing about cricket, for barging into your discussion group and posting a non-cricket post, however this is the only way I can think of to try and reach the person I need to contact. A search of Google revealed the name of a player, Mike Hunt Hertz, on this website

My name is Dan Dobson and I am an attorney in the United States. Recently during the investigation of a case, I discovered that an individual from OZ was posing as Mike Hunt Hertz and doing some pretty nasty stuff.

I think the real Mike Hunt Hertz would want to know about what is going on and try to stop this character who is posing as him. So if any of you know the "real" Mike Hunt Hertz, please have him contact me, so I can brief him as to what is occuring.

Daniel D. Dobson J.D.
Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
651-227-4376
dddobson@yahoo.com
Huh? :huh:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Say the name quickly: Mike Hunt Hertz.

I've reported the message - as he's obviously not here to participate properly.

12th Man

U19 12th Man
Twenty20 Internationals

Twenty20 matches have been played in England for a couple of years and there are a few international versions coming up. How about changing the ICC Champions Trophy to a Twenty20 comp.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I went too (you'll be pleased to hear, Dave :p). Could not BELIEVE the crowd. I dont think they just sold out, they surely oversold. There were people squashed in everywhere, must have been hundreds who didnt actually have a seat and just squashed around the back of them.
Great game all round for WA, and the players were good in that they didnt take it too seriously. Warney was playing it up for the crowd all night, and I think they let some kids sit in the boundary fence cos there was no room left!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Although not safe, that's the sort of thing that's needed to get them interested!

They were using number 1 pitch (either that or number 12!) which is the furtherest away from the Scoreboard, so that side of the ground was roped off pretty heavilly.

Some other pictures to show the crowd:

http://www.waca.com.au/events/photogallery/050112 Delaware North20/100_4318.jpg

http://www.waca.com.au/events/photogallery/050112 Delaware North20/100_4386.jpg

http://www.waca.com.au/events/photogallery/050112 Delaware North20/100_4388.jpg

Compared to one of the Test match crowd (which was reasonable!)

http://www.waca.com.au/events/photogallery/041216 3-mobile Test/100_3897.jpg