• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

twctopcat commemorative lounge

Hoggy31

International Captain
Lord's gone. Rebuild, CW.

Irish beer is ****, that is all.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was totally up for a cheap Guinness or two tonight, but have to stay in and do uni stuff. Lame.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
:laugh: Cameron. 3 weeks into the first semester of uni and missing St Patties. You fool.

I had a fair few pints-o-G mid-arvo today, feeling good.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lord's gone. Rebuild, CW.

Irish beer is ****, that is all.
Lies. They don't sell Guinness in Australia, only a thick sparkly black substance bearing no resemblance to it whatsoever.

I believe the phrase you were looking for is, "Irish beer is **** when people take it, fly it halfway across the world, change the ingredients and brewing method and sell a completely different drink under the same name".

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Pffft. Your national sport is just a distorted, bastardised copy of ours.
Cricket is the only sport nationally followed. There's 4 football codes fighting for supremacy in Winter. AFL is probably the largest but could never claim being the national sport of Australia.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Played in NZ, SAF etc
Yeah there are about 15 guys in the arse end of South Africa that have played the game. Ive never met a single person that has met a person that has heard of a person that plays.

I bet more people play in Northern California that the whole of South Africa. Wouldnt mind a game myself, tbh

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah there are about 15 guys in the arse end of South Africa that have played the game. Ive never met a single person that has met a person that has heard of a person that plays.

I bet more people play in Northern California that the whole of South Africa. Wouldnt mind a game myself, tbh
Australian rules football in South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sup

I realise it's basically an Australian sport, but saying it's Australia's "National Sport" is just wrong and I doubt anyone would seriously disagree with me.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think it's more widely played than Rugby League.. There are people I've met who don't even know it exists.. Wish I was one of them.. I'd absolutely love to play Aussie rules, but it looks like we are off the map so to speak

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Australian rules football in South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sup

I realise it's basically an Australian sport, but saying it's Australia's "National Sport" is just wrong and I doubt anyone would seriously disagree with me.
SA must be good or China crappy (Ill go with the latter :))

2008 Australian Football International Cup

South Africa Lions 20.26 (146) China Red Demons 0.0 (0)

China did not score a point in the group stages This one is a beat down as well

New Zealand Falcons 35.19 (229) India Tigers 0.0 (0)

This is all new to me so I still find it moderately amusing.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, 229 to 0 is ridiculously intense.

Ireland and its fun spin-off not be missed here either.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The entire nation of Australia is a spin-off of Ireland to the extent of about a third.