• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TPC likely to retire in November

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Viv after facing Chandra in his maiden test innings complained, to all and sundry in the pavilion: 'They told me he is a *** leg spinner. Man, this guy's faster than Thommo'
I'm I'm not wrong, Chandra was Kumble's role model.

Burgey

I saw Chandra, Prasana and Bedi bowl at Sydney in 77. Distant memories but i remember Chandra being so different to anything else around at the time.

Borges

International Regular
Chandra was a proper tail ender even by standards in those days; he scored ducks in all or almost all innings on that tour.
At the end of the tour, the Australians presented him a bat which had a massive hole at the centre.

cnerd123

likes this
Chandra was a proper tail ender even by standards in those days; he scored ducks in all or almost all innings on that tour.
At the end of the tour, the Australians presented him a bat which had a massive hole at the centre.
Having one arm withered away by polio will make batting difficult

trundler

This thread has made me think of Chandra vs Underwood. Who do you reckon was better, Burgey and Borges?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He will be a huge loss and that is no comment on his roundness either. been a brilliant player for them and carried the attack for years. They will struggle even more when he has gone.
Crazy to think, but he's actually been dropped a few times over the last few years

Borges

International Regular
This thread has made me think of Chandra vs Underwood. Who do you reckon was better, Burgey and Borges?
Their roles were very different:
Underwood was unplayable on a drying wicket, but other wise he was a lone spinner who often played a holding role.
Chandra was the mercurial strike bowler among a trio of spinners.
Underwood had better control reflecting in a better average and economy. Chandra had a better strike rate and took more wickets per game.

Take your pick.

trundler

Underwood was unplayable on a drying wicket, but other wise he was a lone spinner who often played a holding role.
Underwood had better control reflecting in a better average and economy. Chandra had a better strike rate and took more wickets per game.

Take your pick.
Aah. Thanks for answering my query.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

Take your pick.
Chandra / Kumble on a drying wicket will make any batsman **** in the pants.