• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TPC likely to retire in November

Xuhaib

International Coach
Good bye champ the way he came out of wilderness to fill murali boots was remarkable.To operate at 70-80% of arguably the great spinner of all time is no means feat.Hope he remains involved with the game in some capacity

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Legend, if only for making the boring art of slow left arm offspin so much fun.

I'll miss his Pakistan-bullying as well.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sad day indeed.

An inspiration to portly weekend cricket spinners all around the world.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can we start calling Philander the fat slob and all other fat names after Herath goes?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha, CW embraces Herath unconditionally now, but I remember back in 2013 when this forum thought ****ing Ajmal had his measure.

Very few finger spinners are able to play the dual role of holding and penetrating like Herath has managed to, often alongside a dismal pace attack (particularly overseas), and without ample runs on the board. Those fluke catches in Australia were absolute gold too

Cow

Banned
It's basically to try to get under my skin, because pretty much everything around here revolves around me (largely because I'm rotund, but also because without me the forum would die).

TPC - The People's Champion, is the nickname bestowed upon Steve Smith by me, many years ago. As you probably know from following the game, most SC supporters don't have an original thought in their heads, so they decided to call Herath by the same nickname, in flagrant breach of the established rules of nicknaming, as set out in the definitive thread on the topic.
He is a cricketing pariah and a disgrace to both the Australian team and the game itself.

The people hate him.

It's coming home.