• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Touring Team to London - 4th August

Jon Taylor

Cricket Spectator
Are there any teams touring London / SE England and want a fixture on the Monday 4th August against Blackheath CC. Its the first day of our cricket week and would be a great place to start a tour...Have a look on our site www.blackheathcc.com...and let me know - Jon Taylor

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jon Taylor said:
its not that far - so do you best, you'll have a good day out
how come i am the waterboy ?
something to do with only making 3 posts ;)
thats not really a cricketing term anyway, should be changed to something more cricketing to be in line with the others.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Jon Taylor said:
its not that far - so do you best, you'll have a good day out
how come i am the waterboy ?
Not far away??? I live in Shropshire and Neil and P+E live in Cleethorpes...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
broncoman said:
something to do with only making 3 posts ;)
thats not really a cricketing term anyway, should be changed to something more cricketing to be in line with the others.
Agreed - I think we need new terms - maybe cricketers and the like.

We could start off with the usual derisory ones like 'Shoaib' or 'de Groot', move up through the mediocre 'Habibul', 'Hick' and 'Irani', then we have the tolerably acceptable 'Wavell' and 'Killer Harbhajan', on we press through the good 'Davison' and 'Brad Hogg', possibly the real entertainers like 'Bowden', 'Shepherd' and 'Lara', still further we reach the excellent 'Churchy', 'McGrath' and 'Sachin' until finally we reach the pinnacle 'his regal left-handedness Sourav'

<quack> no Corky? He'd have been the first on my list

Heyyyyy!

<quack> And where's Ajit?

Last edited:

Jon Taylor

Cricket Spectator
Yes, very interesting ...but where is my touring team ?
hire a bus, travel over the iron bridge and see a bit of the UK...as for Broncoman - in canberra ? should be Brisbane surely

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I'm up in Shropshire, not far away from Iron Bridge...if that's what you mean :P (the one in Telford)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Well I've hired a bus before, and I presume Rik's visited Ironbridge in that case?
Many a time :) It's about 45 mins drive from my house, maybe less.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Right, so in that case all we need to do is see a bit of the UK, and that's not that hard is it?!