• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top Ten ODI cricketers of All Time

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting that Kohli's wc record is nothing spectacular either but he doesn't get the same criticism that amla gets. I guess he gets a pass from Indians because he delivered in the biggest match of all but still... His record isn't much better than amla's.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
he's from durham
And a Durham chap who would not add sarcasm to his roster. The Australians are the most sarcastic people I've ever come across. I am disgusted in the level of abuse I had pelted at me. I am not used to this. These are not my sort of people I'm afraid.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Revised XIs. Disappointed I cant find a spot for Watto.

Tendulkar
Gilchrist +
Richards
Kohli
Symonds
DeVilliers
Kapil
Wasim
Garner
Murali
McGrath

Lara
Jayasuriya
Ponting
Jones
Miandad
Dhoni +
Flintoff
Pollock
Warne
Ambrose
Donald

M.Waugh
Amla
Sangakkara +
De Silva
Pietersen
Hussey
Klusener
Imran
Hadlee
Vettori
Lee
Bevan missing.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I just don't rate him that highly. I've said it and explained why plenty of times.

stephen

I just don't rate him that highly. I've said it and explained why plenty of times.
De Silva averaged 35 at a very similar strike rate as Bevan in virtually the same era. Even if you take Bevan's "innings average" he would still average more.

I rate all three of those bats but there's no way any of them deserve to be rated as better than Bevan.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tendulkar
Jayasuriya
Richards
Kohli
Dhoni (c) (wk)
Hussey
Flintoff
Warne
Wasim
Bond
Murali

Gilchrist (wk)
Watson
Ponting
Bevan
AB
Yuvraj
Afridi
Pollock
Saqlain
Shoaib
McGrath

Lara
Amla
Crowe (c)
Sangakkara (wk)
Kallis
Symonds
Klusener
Starc
Kumble
Ambrose
Donald

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
De Silva averaged 35 at a very similar strike rate as Bevan in virtually the same era. Even if you take Bevan's "innings average" he would still average more.

I rate all three of those bats but there's no way any of them deserve to be rated as better than Bevan.
"Virtually the same era"? DeSilva played from 1984-2003. Bevan played from 1994-2004. DeSilva played through the 80s when scoring was a lot slower and he still had a career SR of 81. So their careers weren't virtually in the same era because DeSilva debuted a whole decade before Bevan.

And as for Bevan having a "very similar strike rate" to DeSilva, well, if you consider 81 to be very similar to 74 (esp factoring in the decade difference in debuts), ummm.....

Miandad and KP over Bevan also. Both significantly better batsmen for different reasons.

stephen

"Virtually the same era"? DeSilva played from 1984-2003. Bevan played from 1994-2004. DeSilva played through the 80s when scoring was a lot slower and he still had a career SR of 81. So their careers weren't virtually in the same era because DeSilva debuted a whole decade before Bevan.

And as for Bevan having a "very similar strike rate" to DeSilva, well, if you consider 81 to be very similar to 74 (esp factoring in the decade difference in debuts), ummm.....

Miandad and KP over Bevan also. Both significantly better batsmen for different reasons.
So restrict it to what De Silva did between 1994 and the end of his career. His strike rate is still only 81 (though his average went up to 37). He also has some pretty big holes in his record. His average is awful vs NZ, SA and WI.

There is no real way De Silva was better than Bevan. Bevan scored more per innings than De Silva averaged. 7 more runs per hundred balls doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, especially when Bevan was perfectly capable of accelerating when needed.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tendulkar
Jayasuriya
Richards
Kohli
Dhoni (c) (wk)
Hussey
Flintoff
Warne
Wasim
Bond
Murali

Gilchrist (wk)
Watson
Ponting
Bevan
AB
Yuvraj
Afridi
Pollock
Saqlain
Shoaib
McGrath

Lara
Amla
Crowe (c)
Sangakkara (wk)
Kallis
Symonds
Klusener
Starc
Kumble
Ambrose
Donald
Garner & Hadlee, arguably the best 2 bowlers in the first 20 years or so of ODIs couldn't make any of the top 3 sides. Assuming these teams are post 1990.

RK_123

School Boy/Girl Captain
My top 25 would be:

Batsmen

Viv
Tendulkar
Ponting
Dhoni
AB
Kohli
Bevan
Gilchrist