• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top Ten 12th Men of All Time

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While DoG finishes his definitive list I thought it would be fun to bang our heads together over this here.

For mine:

1. Billy Birmingham
2. Jack Potter
3. Gary (the) Pratt
4. James Anderson
5. Stuart Broad
6. Graeme Swann
7. Michael Kasprowicz
8. VVS Laxman
9. The Barmy Army
10. Kumar Dharmasena

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Billy Birmingham
2. Andy Bichel
3. Gary Pratt
4. Theo Doropolous
5. Jordan Silk
6. Ben Foakes

The rest don't matter

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah it's gotta be Andy Bichel. Maybe Warwick Todd, although he played lots of tests I guess.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rhett Lockyer or whoever was the guy that took two catches against Sri Lanka a few years back.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Trevor Penney came on as England's 12th man a few years back. Even at 40-odd years old, he was still one of the best fielders on show. In his youth playing for Warwickshire, he was incredible.

Thinking about it, I think he was a 12th man during the 2005 Ashes series too, at the same time as being England's fielding coach?

Anyway, definitely very useful to have a Jonty Rhodes-esque fielder to call on as sub.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Agree with Riggins, every time I think of a greatest team I always put Andy Bichel at 12th. The guy just couldn't get a start, seamed a huge shame to me