• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

To those going to the charity match

Deja moo

International Captain
PAKMAN said:
do u think he should be playing in that case ?
Its tricky. Having him in the team will pull in more spectators on television. But if he cant bat.....

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
Its tricky. Having him in the team will pull in more spectators on television. But if he cant bat.....
The only way there would be more spectators is if he would bat - which he says he won't.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
i would still say its missing afridi but since there should be atleast one player from bangadesh kapali is ok

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
PAKMAN said:
i would still say its missing afridi but since there should be atleast one player from bangadesh kapali is ok
There are better all-rounders around than Alok Kapali. I'm all for including someone from Bangladesh, but I think they should have chosen either Mohammad Ashraful or Mohammad Rafique.

Edit: And Afridi is NOT world class. He's a pretty good tonker and a half-decent leg-spinner, but he is misplaced in an all-star side.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
might be making the trip down, biggest problem is the day its falling on, we'll see, as for the mutali thing, normally id prolly be booing him and hurling abuse, however this time i think its probably out of the question...
It's a question of respect, and unfortunately some people have none.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
they couldn't have chosen ashraful or rafique because the first test vs zimbabwe clashes with the match and kapali was probably their best player who wasn't selected

Langeveldt

Soutie
What is the point in the constant analysis of why each player should or shouldn't be in the teams??
What is so wrong with a bunch of international cricketers having a knockabout for a good cause?

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sorry back on topic here,

I'll be very interested to see how the Aussies will be towards Murali. Lets be serious though, if they (the australian crowd) lack the common human decency to no ball the guy during a charity match then I'd say that would speak volumes about Australia, and her people. So quite frankly, let them no ball him.

They can sit in their ivory towers and pretend that they are psychologically eroding their oposition, it would amuse me to see them use that justification on Monday the 10th.

Its funny really, India comes to Australia and local newspapers carry stories about how Indians experianced racism and degredation as SPECTATORS and FANS while in Australia.

Then Australia tours India and the local papers are full of stories discribing the hospitality that the Australian touring parties experianced. Frankly Australia and her supporters will reap what they sow eventually...

/rant

Cheers
Soapy

Last edited:

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Galactic_Soap said:
Sorry back on topic here,

I'll be very interested to see how the Aussies will be towards Murali. Lets be serious though, if they lack common human decency to no ball the guy during a charity match then I'd say that would speak volumes about Australia, and her people, so quite frankly, let them no ball him.

They can sit in their ivory towers and pretend that they are psychologically eroding their oposition, it would amuse me to see them use that justification on Monday the 10th.

Its funny really, India comes to Australia and local newspapers carry stories about how Indians experianced racism and degredation as SPECTATORS and FANS while in Australia.

Then Australia tours India and the local papers are full of stories discribing the hospitality that the Australian touring parties experianced. Frankly Australia and her supporters will reap what they sow eventually...

/rant

Cheers
Soapy

Or they complain about the pitches in India then NZ comes and says Aussie has changed the pitch 3 times for the last ODI and they get a all mightly raping by the press.

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Its bloody frustrating thats what it is, I can't tell you the amount of times I've gone to the SCG, MCG or Gabba only to ecounter some moron spewing forth racist garbage at me in retaliation to me celebrating a wicket or good shot. Its like their first line of defence, they seem to think that a lack of control of the english language gives them the ability to insult people based on race, creed, or color, its disgusting.

I haven't missed an SCG test since I arrived from South Africa in 1997, I attend the test match because I, like the rest of you, love cricket, the contest and all the little qirks that come with it, but last year, I sat behind the Indians, but not in the Indian section. The abuse these poor people had to sit through made my stomach turn, and this is after living in apartheid riden South Africa for 17 years. I've attended matches at Centurion and at the Wanderes never had I seen anything like I saw last year at the SCG, as a cricket fan it was disheartening, as a human being it was truelly depressing.

Cheers
Soapy

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A Sri Lankan friend of mine wrote an article after the Lehmann incident called "crisis of racism in Australian cricket".
I thought it struck a few chords, personally - though of course there are two sides to every story - wish I could find the link.
Got lost with the English cricket forum, tho. :(