• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tickets for the England - India series (question)

Stapel

International Regular
Since I couldn't see an official thread on India in England, I made a new thread.

I'm planning to go to England with a few team mates. As we play our league matches in Holland on Saturdays, we have to plan around that. So it's going to be Days 1&2 at Edgbastopn or Days 2&3 at Trent Bridge.

The strange thing is: Trent Bridge is sold out. Edgbaston not at all. I don't like it when things are beyond my comprehension.

Can anyone point out the logic, if there is any?

Jack1

International Debutant
Hi

According to google

Trent Bridge capacity 17,500

Edgbaston 25,000

That looks like the main factor? The grounds a pretty close together and similar distance from london. So obviously we have to consider the Edgbaston ground is simply bigger and can offer more tickets as a result.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hi

According to google

Trent Bridge capacity 17,500

Edgbaston 25,000

That looks like the main factor? The grounds a pretty close together and similar distance from london. So obviously we have to consider the Edgbaston ground is simply bigger and can offer more tickets as a result.
Birmingham has so many more people than Nottingham though. Should even out but apparently not.

Stapel

International Regular
Also Trent Bridge is a nicer ground.
That must be it, I guess. I've been to both grounds (my team mates have not btw). I really liked TB. Judged by the eyes of a foreign tourist, it appeared to have, what I think, this typical Englishness. Been to the Hollies stand at Edgbaston, which was mostly nice for the rather 'working class' (if that's the way to say it) atmosphere. I easily joined in bashing Mitchell Johnson :) .

Anyway, no choice, so it's going to the Hollies stand once more, I think.