• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Tigers: Bangladesh News, Selection, Fanboying and Fury

Aritro

International Regular
Meanwhile, some seriously impressive bowling from Ripon Mondol in the U/19s on what I assume was a total spinners' pitch

1632457734856.png

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Afghanistan with a huge lead. We are losing this match. Somehow we managed to win limited overs series and now this loss. I’m not sure about this bunch. The previous batch was much impressive that included Joy, T.Tamim, Rakib, Shameem, T.Hridoy, Akbar

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Alright, I just had a look at some of the footage from Aich Mollah's century in the third YODI and I'm very impressed by what I saw. He's a classic Deshi batsman of short stature who relies on touch and timing for his runs. Think Ashraful/Aftab Ahmed. He looked a cut above all his teammates and played with a class and poise that stood out. He's very balanced at the crease and showed good footwork, and most impressively, scored his runs all around the wicket on both front and backfoot. There was one beautifully timed cut shot off a slow bowler that I'd identify as the highlight of the innings. Most notably, he made his 108 off 130 balls on a pitch that was very helpful for spin bowling, on a glacially slow outfield, amidst a whole host of batsmen on both teams who struggled to score above a strike rate of 30. He started slowly before accelerating later and demonstrated an already well developed ability to work his wrists to manoeuvre the ball and rotate the strike, along with some slog sweeps and other big shots.

A breath of fresh air, having seen successive generations of young Bangladeshi batsmen come into the senior team knowingly only how to play big shots and predictably failing to do so against top class bowling.

View attachment 29358
Looks like natural timer of the ball. Good hand eye coordination.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Poor decision by the umpire to give Nabil out. The ball looked like pitching outside leg to start with then missing leg.

Afghanistan back in the game. Depends on Aich now to see us through

Aritro

International Regular
Afghanistan back in the game. Depends on Aich now to see us through
Looks like he's succumbed to the Deshi collapse. Will be very hard to win this from here.

On another note, today's commentator is a lot easier to listen to than the other guy