• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The thread where stephen & jimmy debate NRL vs AFL

Flem274*

123/5
bathurst is the best track in the world. spent an unhealthy amount of my teenage years playing the old v8 supercars series on xbox

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
bathurst is the best track in the world. spent an unhealthy amount of my teenage years playing the old v8 supercars series on xbox
Pretty much sacred ground as far as I am concerned. Would love to go back, went to the Bathurst 1000 as a 10 year old kid and It was an incredible experience

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man, I'd love to go to Bathurst one day. Only ever been to Sandown, Calder & Albert Park.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Been to quite a few races over the years, pretty much every Adelaide 500 since it started, and the inaugural round at Tailem Bend. Been to the F1 at Albert Park, been to a Sandown 500, and went to Phillip Island as well but there was no racing on at the time. Where as I have only ever seen top level cricket live at Adelaide Oval

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
However, I wouldn't read too much into the watching muscly men running around thing considering you're a wrestling mark.
I wasn't saying it as a negative. I was saying that in the end that's what all sports come down to, as if any sport has more base merit than another. Arguing vehemently for one sports superiority just shows you as an idiot.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I wasn't saying it as a negative. I was saying that in the end that's what all sports come down to, as if any sport has more base merit than another. Arguing vehemently for one sports superiority just shows you as an idiot.
I agree with you mate. I'm just hamming it up to get reactions. Working the crowd if you will.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Spa Francorchamps or the Nürburgring Nordschliefe IMO. Bathurst is fun but the two straights which take up like half the track are a bit dull.

Flem274*

123/5
Spa Francorchamps or the Nürburgring Nordschliefe IMO. Bathurst is fun but the two straights which take up like half the track are a bit dull.
they're up there, but i've always felt the nordschliefe is the ultimate challenge but also too much of a good thing in some ways.

it's probably my emotions towards bathurst that seal it tbh. in defense of those straights, mountain straight isn't all that long, and conrod has the chase section which is an awesome test of balls. no debate tho the mountain sections themselves make the track.

brands hatch, both the gp and indy layouts are awesome. also a big fan of road atlanta.

imo the opposite end of the scale are yas marina and whatever that thing they wheeled out for the french gp was. i did enjoy the mass cheating issues it caused on f1 2018 tho

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That Valencia Street Circuit from a few years back was pretty dire. Only Pastor Maldonado doing Pastor Maldonado things could make it interesting