• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Stuart Clark edition of " We told you so "

Midwinter

State Captain
Well that was good !

He did exactly what everyone was saying he would, do bowl tight , bowl economically , tie up one end, put pressure on the batsman to score at the other end, move it around a bit and pick 2 to 3 wickets at a good price !

One run off the first 3 overs, exactly want we have needed all series.

Personally I was stunned when he wasn't selected for the first test.

I have been scouring the media for the justification for not playing him,the reasons I've have read and heard have been :

He had lost a yard of pace - So just how fast did Glen McGrath bowl ?

He wasn't the bowler he was.- then why was he picked or why wasn't he sent home when this was "found out" !

He is the same type of bowler as Siddle, no point having two of the same in the team -
this a contradiction to above he is not as fast or as likely to stray and he moves the ball more.

This is just silly stuff, even Micheal Holding trotted out the line about him lacking a yard of pace. 90 wickets @ 22 Who cares how fast he is, it's wickets that count ?

He has been Australia's best bowler since McGrath and Warne retired. And yet it was as if he was a potential liability.

I almost felt sorry for him. A professional sportsman on a paid holiday in the UK :)

Congratulations to him... and to the selectors for finally waking up to themselves

Mr_Cricket

Cricket Spectator
I'm with you on this one, it looked like the Australian selectors wanted to keep the same bowling line up that was in South Africa. Honestly it took them long enough to bring Clarke into the squad. I would have given Siddle the flick and bring in Clarke earlier but thats my opinion.

Last edited:

Bloody Hell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yep.

For the first time in a long time could be a backlash against the selectors.

Let's see if his performance snaps them out of the headlights they have been staring into.

Johnson for Lee in the next test?

Hussey? Won't be changes made for the rest of this series, but Watson is not an opener, yet has justified his selection. Will they have the balls to drop Hussey and install a batting lineup of:

XXXXXX
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
North
Watson

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
I'm with you on this one, it looked like the Australian selectors wanted to keep the same bowling line up that was in South Africa. Honestly it took them long enough to bring Clarke into the squad. I would have given Siddle the flick and bring in Clarke earlier but thats my opinion.
Clarke has played every game so far, I don't know what you are talking about.