• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Sol Bar: New Zealand Cricket Randomness

Meridio

International Regular
Latham doing a Latham in his first County innings. 53 and out. Taylor also out for a start for Sussex, while Henry proving expensive for Worcs. Wonder whether that's him trying to bowl attacking lengths with a new ball, or just inconsistency.

vandem

International 12th Man
Will be interesting to see how Wagner bowls tonight, flat pitch, experienced Somerset batting lineup (Trescothick 59 FC 100s, Rogers 73 x 100s, Hildreth 34 x 100s, Trego 13 x 100s).

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
oh hey...Latham didn't throw it away mid-innings.

Kent v Glamorgan at Canterbury, May 1-4, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Probably would've got out around 85, but still, it's progress.
I just think that further confirms the guy is an absolutely top-class batsman who gets stuck with mental fatigue.

In that fourth innings, he had a target. He knew he had to work hard for a session and a half, two at the most to get there. He had a goal. I really feel like he needs to break his Test innings into smaller chunks, get to drinks, get to lunch, even get to 10, get to the end of the over etc. If I was to make a guess, I don't think he's looking short-term goals - he's thinking Test centuries without breaking it down enough to mentally allow himself to get there.

I've probably been harsh on him before but he has the absolute opportunity to be our greatest ever Test opener. That's a title that sounds pretty good to anyone, I would think. Technically, he's not far off. Mentally, I think he can get there but it needs dedicated work with the right person. Gary Hermansson, whoever it is.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
He needs to just basically copy Kane. I've said it a few times but at times his technique has just looked like a mirror image of Kane; you could mistake one for the other. But then he gets to 40 odd and starts looking like Hamish Rutherford.

strange batsman tbh

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So Hesson has signed on until 2019.

itstl. From a consistency POV it's good, and he has been quite successful but at the same time I'm kinda alarmed by the demise of Southee and Boult to some extent and despite the limited overs success it still feels like we're not living up to our potential (and not in a fighting above our weight sense) and that some fresh management would take us to the next level.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
So Hesson has signed on until 2019.

itstl. From a consistency POV it's good, and he has been quite successful but at the same time I'm kinda alarmed by the demise of Southee and Boult to some extent and despite the limited overs success it still feels like we're not living up to our potential (and not in a fighting above our weight sense) and that some fresh management would take us to the next level.
DWTA - he delivered a world cup final. Have to reward him for that and I am his biggest critic,