• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "ok" Meme Needs to Die

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man the jokes my face would come up with would be so bad.

"Isn't it ironic that I have two eyes but can't even see myself!!"

Shady Slim

International Coach
Okay so genuine question, what do people think our approach to examples like this http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/thr...cess-and-allowing-chucking.89579/post-4931584 should be? Because to me this is egregious, and actively discourages people from making serious contributions to discussions or starting interesting threads. Am I wrong, and this is just something I should lighten up about?
rare occasion i will ever say this (@GIMH put this in your pipe and smoke it), but while it's big weenie behaviour by Gob (who i do enjoy), i do not think it should be met with the hand of the authorities; @Howe_zat's response was a good one and seeing more of that from the community when the joke is ****ily made would be good and weed out the overuse imho

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
much like how one shouldn't be allowed to be dismissed first ball, the first reply should not be 'ok'

Flem274*

123/5
Okay so genuine question, what do people think our approach to examples like this http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/thr...cess-and-allowing-chucking.89579/post-4931584 should be? Because to me this is egregious, and actively discourages people from making serious contributions to discussions or starting interesting threads. Am I wrong, and this is just something I should lighten up about?
I agree it's eye roll worthy obv though I like Gob a lot as a poster.

The problem still is peak usage always comes after it was funny.

I don't think people should be infracted for it however. It would just be good if we moved on to either making funny posts or actually engaging with other people. It's a wider internet problem though. Everyone falls over themselves to be the first person to knock someone who tries.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Shady Slim

International Coach
It's a wider internet problem though. Everyone falls over themselves to be the first person to knock someone who tries.
this is very well put and all across the internet earnest posting is discouraged lest some irony poisoned turnip come along and make fun of you for daring to put effort in to your post

frankly, this is what happens when you give agency and power to the very small albeit very real portion of people who were bullied in high school because they were antisocial boors