• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Indian Politics Thread

Teja.

Global Moderator
Was semi-expecting Arnab to join ZEE after his bull**** nationalistic posturing in the recent past.

duffer

Hall of Fame Member
So 500 and 1000 rupee notes aren't going to be legal tender at midnight tonight. People will need ID to exchange their notes for legal tender and banks and ATM's will be closed tomorrow.

Laffin' so hard at the corrupt douchebags who deal in black money and avoid tax. Well in there Prime Minister, well in there.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nah terrible move. Just curbs freedom of people. Congress gave a good statement re common man. Should be removed from office.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol... how will this not reduce people hiding and transacting huge amounts of black money? Smileyshah needs to watch Sivaji.. :p

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's pretty damn drastic though and a little scary I have to admit. India doesn't have anywhere near enough 100 rupee notes to function properly. Next few weeks are going to be absolutely brutal.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, you would think they wont have come to such a decision lightly. My opinion is it has been planned for a number of days now, in which case, great job to everyone in keeping it hush hush in today's world. Burkha Dutt would have run a cover story to warn all people with black money... :p

harsh.ag

Hall of Fame Member
It's pretty damn drastic though and a little scary I have to admit. India doesn't have anywhere near enough 100 rupee notes to function properly. Next few weeks are going to be absolutely brutal.
The new banknotes will be available from 10th onwards, the RBI officials said.

Teja.

Global Moderator
So I ordered food from Faasos for Rs. 147, a food delivery app and chose the option for change for 500. The delivery guy uses his own wits and refuses my 500 note saying he just listened to the news and 500 notes are out of circulation. I argued with him for 5 minutes about how it's not midnight yet and then got change from a neighbor and gave him 150 and made a point to ask for my 3 rupees back.

He didn't have it so I made him go 3 floors downstairs to the store to get change and back up to give me back my ****ing 3 rupees.

I didn't choose the dickhead life, the dickhead life chose me.