• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Next Battle?

The Next CW Battle

• Total voters

biased indian

International Coach
Off the top of my head:

Lindwall - Miller
Lillee - Thomson
Larwood - Voce
Warne - McGrath
O'Reily - Grimmett
Wasim - Waqar
Ambrose - Walsh

Not sure how difficult it would be to get to 32 but even in the seven I listed I couldn't pick a clear cut winner. Would be a very interesting battle imo.
Donald-Pollock ???

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
D'uh Marshall-Garner to clean up.
Not really known as a partnership, they were just two of a quartet. It would be interesting to find out who did bowl at the other end from Marshall most often.
There are few to add to those already mentioned, like Laker and Lock, Ramadhin and Valentine, Trueman and Statham and not forgetting the immortal Edmonds and Emburey.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Off the top of my head:

Lindwall - Miller
Lillee - Thomson
Larwood - Voce
Warne - McGrath
O'Reily - Grimmett
Wasim - Waqar
Ambrose - Walsh

Not sure how difficult it would be to get to 32 but even in the seven I listed I couldn't pick a clear cut winner. Would be a very interesting battle imo.
Botham & Willis
Trueman & Statham
Heine & Adcock
McDonald & Gregory (have I got that right - the 2 Aus bowlers from the early 20's?)
Hall & Griffith
Laker & Lock

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Bowling partnerships isnt a bad idea. Include Ramadhin and Valentine, Turner and Ferris

Still like my idea of Battle of The Catches (with only those with clips available) :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best Team: Nominate 'typical' teams from periods/tours considered the best from all countries and take it from there:
eg. Aussies 1902, 1921, 1948, 2001, 2006/7
WIs 1984, early 90s
The Saffie team Lawry's boys toured against, and their peak 90s team
etc
etc
Still think this was the best idea, but maybe it can be saved for next time. Sanz's idea about Test venues was also pretty good.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
D'uh Marshall-Garner to clean up.
Except I wouldn't really call them a pair, because Marshall, Garner, Roberts and Holding all bowled together and as a unit as opposed to Waqar and Wasim who were a pretty good pairing.

archie mac

International Coach
Okay someone start one:-O

Some great ideas, best catches would be good because we could see what we are voting on, but the best bowling partnership is also a great idea lets not forget Gregory and MacDonald

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Thanks to the Wisden Crickter for the idea (and if you've already done it I apologise) how about the worst Number 11 in Test cricket?. Tuffers, Malcolm. Mullally, Walsh, Morrison, Chris Martin, Chandra, Lance Gibbs, McGrath...plenty of poor batsmen to chose from..

pasag

RTDAS
If anyone else wants to start/run the bowling duos battle they can. I'm not going to do it though.