• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the new real steve smith question

will he go past 945 points

• yes

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • why aren't you asking if Williamson is gonna break new ground? He's just as good as Smith

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ICC Player Rankings

steve smith is currently equal with Len Hutton on 945 points in the ICC best ever batting ratings. will he move into second overall? it's unclear what he has to do exactly but let's just assume it's a bunch of runs in the boxing day match

stupid software wouldn't let me do my full joke for option #3

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
I find it weird Bradman's only 16 points clear of #2, given the way most of his stats are I was expecting more of a ~200 point difference.

TNT

Banned
I find it weird Bradman's only 16 points clear of #2, given the way most of his stats are I was expecting more of a ~200 point difference.
The main difference is Bradman was ranked number 1 for about 17 years and Hutton was ranked number 1 for about 4 years.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he also missed 2 years of cricket from 34 to 36 and he had his best series after his 4th test match instead of when he was already on 900 odd points

srbhkshk

International Captain
It also maxes out at 100 iirc, so there's diminishing returns when you get that high
That explains it, so a difference between continuously averaging 70 and 100 is about 16 points at that level. Guess Smith will max out at 950ish at the most?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The real question is whether he orders a cappuccino or a latte for the drinks break. Or maybe he's a triple espresso kinda guy?