• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Most Selfish Players you've Seen

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reminds me of those blokes who you play cricket with, who is always very stiff to get out, or if he is comprehensively out then it was due to one of the greatest balls of all time.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few summers ago I think it was Bill Lawry who spoke of a county match where Wasim Akram needed to hit a 6 to make his hundred and win the match. The result was he was caught and his side lost rather than getting the couple required.
Hardly worth a special mention for that is it? Would like to think close to 100% of players would try & hit a 6 for the win in that instance

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hardly worth a special mention for that is it? Would like to think close to 100% of players would try & hit a 6 for the win in that instance
Dunno. As it was the last wicket (seemingly) and the result depended on it I'd hope a few would've done the noble thing and scamped two or a brace of singles if that was what was required for the win.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno. As it was the last wicket (seemingly) and the result depended on it I'd hope a few would've done the noble thing and scamped two or a brace of singles if that was what was required for the win.
Thought he was implying that 6 were needed off the last ball & assumed it was a limited overs game

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thought he was implying that 6 were needed off the last ball & assumed it was a limited overs game
Yeah reads a bit like that, but this thread is about selfish players,. nut unselfish.

So mentioning him implies he was selfish of course :)