• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

Niall

International Coach
Holland is cool, but somewhat worried about him. One loss not the end of the world, but outclassed by Brunson, doubtful if the guy has the hunger to get to the next level which is a shame as the sport desperately needs stars.

Brunson deserves a nice money fight now.

It was a decent little card tbf, some nice knockouts.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah it was a fun 1st rd but he is absolutely finished.

Ngannu v Lewis should happen next, rematch and Lewis deserves the fight. I don't trust Jones to fight but obviously that would be moolah if it happened.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Excellent fights booked last few days by UFC.

Volkov v Gane, winner should really be next in line for a title shot , I know Gane is raw but if he beats Volkov at this stage of his career, holy ****.

Volkov v Ngannu would be a banger also.

Mc Gregor v Dustin,,,,fascinated to see what Conor has left, he had a really good 1st round last time v him so all those who think Dustin smashes him could be in for a shock.

Burns v Thompson. :wub:

Niall

International Coach
Not sure Holland can make 170 to easily so he may have to make do with a gatekeeper type role sadly.

Vettori is cool, but watching him he's lucky Till got injured because he'd have been knocked into next week otherwise as he is way to loose.

Allen v Yussuf was an absolute banger btw.

cnerd123

likes this
What a ****ing card hahaha. The only 'boring' fight was Schevchenko vs Andrade, and even that was a master class.

I like Masvidal but gotta admit it was fun watching him get Askren'ed there lol

Niall

International Coach
that was a wild PPV.
Hopefully Usman does not retire, lets have he v Colby in a few months.

I had Usman as slight fav previously, but this was before he banged out Burns and Jorge. Colby has serious problems in this match up now.

Malcolm

U19 Vice-Captain
I didn't catch the main event - but apparently Chandler choked after winning the first round?
It was a great fight while it lasted. Chandler hurt Oliveira on the feet making him panic wrestle, easily thwarted his sub attempts, and then knocked him down and pummelled him in his own guard. Oliveira recovered and countered Chandler's open haymakers with a short left hook in their first exchange in the second round.
LW is on fire atm. Almost all matchups at the top are even and exciting.

Niall

International Coach
Credit to Oliveira indeed. I don't think Chandler should panic to much, he clearly is at a pretty high level and a few high profile win he will get another title match although obviously can't afford many if any losses next 18 months.

Tony is still insanely tough, but he landing no offense these days and I do wonder should he target lower level guys, because he simply can't hang with the killers of that division anymore.

The rest of the card bar the crazy Burgos fight was relatively forgettable sadly.

Also Texas UFC fans booing Darish for slagging Marxism was a WTF moment. Good to see them back:D