• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Microwave Oven Appreciation Society

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. but you get these idiots who think that if something’s made on a street corner it’s automatically edgy and good, when in fact 95% of street food from anywhere in the world is ****ing awful.
This is quite true

Realistically though it’s probs like 75%

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, you do get some decent street food. But definitely not the norm.

The Brazilian food truck in St Albans is one of the finest eating establishments anywhere ever.

zorax

likes this
The % of street food that is good is about equal to the % of restaurants that are good IMO. At any and all price points. There is **** food everywhere and nothing about street food makes it any more or less susceptible to this phenomenon.

Burgey's complaints about edgy hipsters could apply to the same folk who walk into some faux fine dining joint that massively marks up some garbage food that they serve under a pretentious name with some pretty plating. There are a ton of gastronomy or fusion food places that exist purely on hype and novelty value while the basic fundamentals of what they serve sucks.

Scam food exists everywhere and at all levels. And similarly, the food that appeals to the mass public is always going to be decent, but not great. Great food is subjective. Great food hits our taste buds in a way that we enjoy, and the flavours and textures that give me joy may not be the same that give Burgey or Daemon or Sledger joy.

So it's quite a difficult conversation to have really, when you think about it. The best we can do, as eaters and food fans, is to sample everything we can, and try our best to appreciate food that is well made, even if it doesn't resonate with our own personal palate.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The difference is bad food in a restaurant typically ends with you posting a bad review on yelp while a bad experience with street food ends with you in the hospital

Flem274*

123/5
The % of street food that is good is about equal to the % of restaurants that are good IMO. At any and all price points. There is **** food everywhere and nothing about street food makes it any more or less susceptible to this phenomenon.

Burgey's complaints about edgy hipsters could apply to the same folk who walk into some faux fine dining joint that massively marks up some garbage food that they serve under a pretentious name with some pretty plating. There are a ton of gastronomy or fusion food places that exist purely on hype and novelty value while the basic fundamentals of what they serve sucks.

Scam food exists everywhere and at all levels. And similarly, the food that appeals to the mass public is always going to be decent, but not great. Great food is subjective. Great food hits our taste buds in a way that we enjoy, and the flavours and textures that give me joy may not be the same that give Burgey or Daemon or Sledger joy.

So it's quite a difficult conversation to have really, when you think about it. The best we can do, as eaters and food fans, is to sample everything we can, and try our best to appreciate food that is well made, even if it doesn't resonate with our own personal palate.
this is one of the longer 'no u's on the forum

Lillian Thomson

International Coach
What's all this tripe (don't microwave it as it smells horrible) about Malaysian goulash? This thread is supposed to be paying homage to the only reason electricity was ever invented.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Lol what

What am I meant to respond to? All you've done is put your ignorance on display for all of us to behold. I'm happy to let you continue to pratter on tbh. Doing my job for me
Unnecessarily bringing another CW poster into the debate and bringing down the forum atmosphere. 5 infraction points.

chasingthedon

International Regular
Off to Barcelona for a week. Any tips, must see, must do, must eat etc? Seems like it’s a pretty safe place from what I’ve read.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
if that word comes up during your vacation you suck at vacationing
It was the name of a shopping mall iirc. Which is where everyone in Malaysia goes to hang out apparently because it is too hot anywhere else.