I know there's already a generic cooking thread, but that doesn't do justice to this immortal piece of genius engineering.
Horror... last time mine broke went and bought a new one same day.I've been without one for 2 weeks.
I haven't had a kettle for 7 years since it conked out on me, the microwave is perfectly acceptable replacement.... similarly, of course I have often found coffee cups in the microwave early morning from the night before...I'm also one of those people who makes cups of tea then forgets about them.
It is not a good combination.
if you put your cellphone in tinfoil and put it in a microwave then you won't have a cellphone any more but a charred hunk of plastic and metal, having been burned to a crisp by the tinfoil catching fire. the physics is pretty simple: that much power ---> extremely large current generation in thin material ---> lots of heat ---> fireI've forgotten my high school physics, but won't it become a Faraday cage and not heat up at all? I do know that if you wrap your cellphone in tinfoil, it will become unreachable.
idk, i've personally seen it go really really badly as the tinfoil more or less immediately catches fire. i guess it depends on the kind of tinfoilIn work the Indian contingent always stick tinfoil in the microwave covering their dinners. I was always told this was dangerous but never causes any issues.
Actually, I think the opposite may be closer to the truth. You might be confusing microwaved foods with pre-packaged foods designed to be microwaved i.e. the TV dinners.Microwaved foods are bad for health. Stove cooked foods any day.