• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Lame Joke Corner

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As the post has been reported I'll apologise now for any offence caused to cdm or any other gay members.

Yes, that was a cheap shot, but the first part is sincere. However two inoffensive jokes which turn on (admittedly weak) puns are no more homophobic than Englishmen, Irishmen & Scotsmen jokes are racist or blonde jokes are ***ist.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
As the post has been reported I'll apologise now for any offence caused to cdm or any other gay members.

Yes, that was a cheap shot, but the first part is sincere. However two inoffensive jokes which turn on (admittedly weak) puns are no more homophobic than Englishmen, Irishmen & Scotsmen jokes are racist or blonde jokes are ***ist.
Exactly.

So according to CDM logic me finding those jokes funny means I'm racist?

Not a hit out at CDM that isn't.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Haha, love the implications caused by the wording of the first sentence.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I have but I appreciate the apology. If it was serious.
Ok, so you castigate me for homophobia (a suggestion I absolutely refute, by the way) and now report a post where I've included an ambiguous sentence that could be read as me suggesting you were gay. If even the vaguest implication that you might be gay upsets you so much I'd suggest your own attitude towards gay people might not quite such a paragon of politically correct rectitude.

I've never yet put anyone on the ignore list, but no one has come as close as you.

Perm

Accusing someone of homophobia is 'good humour'?
I was actually referring to the high horse picture and BB's post just previous to that. CDM could've easily dropped his lip and got snotty but he didn't, so full credit to him.

cameeel

International Captain
I was actually referring to the high horse picture and BB's post just previous to that. CDM could've easily dropped his lip and got snotty but he didn't, so full credit to him.
Surely once the inappropriate comment is made (in a forum where the comment can be deleted from all but mods) it doesn't matter how the poster takes the criticism. If the post was regretted it's easy enough to edit or remove it.

Perm

Surely once the inappropriate comment is made (in a forum where the comment can be deleted from all but mods) it doesn't matter how the poster takes the criticism. If the post was regretted it's easy enough to edit or remove it.
Meh, I'm not going to get into a big debate about it as it doesn't worry me too much. It's all in the past.